Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flashing glow plug symbol

Scottedog

Scottedog

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi my 2018 beach has a yellow flashing coil symbol anyone got any ideas

Not without further information.
Do you have full power? Does your van go into limp mode? Do you feel/hear a difference in driving? When did it happen? Did anything happen right before the light went on? Mileage?

And last but not least, do you have any fault codes (I suspect not)?

Difficult to tell, because it can be a couple of things: EGR, on older diesel cars: at least 2 brake lights defective, ...

Its in limp mode 11k miles stop start stopped working going in to vw Chester its still under warrenty

Had similar on mine recently 2.0 / 140 Beach.
Had codes cleared as there were numerous... one code was egr, but after running again was heat sensor on exhaust which set off egr sensor - while not a cheap fix, a lot cheaper than a new egr, which was nearly fitted. Just be careful your garage doesn’t see you coming. According to T5 Forum not uncommon - good luck

Had similar on mine recently 2.0 / 140 Beach.
Had codes cleared as there were numerous... one code was egr, but after running again was heat sensor on exhaust which set off egr sensor - while not a cheap fix, a lot cheaper than a new egr, which was nearly fitted. Just be careful your garage doesn’t see you coming. According to T5 Forum not uncommon - good luck
Ye it turns out it was egr but vw sorted it under warrenty

Before you do any more driving, check the oil and coolant levels. The egr problems can sometimes leave you with little or no coolant, which could be fairly catastrophic if you try and drive to the dealership.

Could be a multitude of things. My van did the same last week and I read the code p008700 turns out it's the high pressure fuel system which may be just a sensor or its a full strip down and a bill of over £1k I'll find out Thursday, Friday this week.

Back