Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flat (engine) battery

Haves1979

Haves1979

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Not sure if this is a coincidence or not but any advice appreciated..

A couple of months back my leisure battery charger battery charger died, so I have removed the charger from the van and it has currently not been replaced. The issue is, since then my engine battery has gone flat twice after leaving the van for a couple of days. I've owned the van for over a year now and not had any issues prior to this, despite the van being left for longer periods. Buying a battery isn't an issue, but just wanted to see if there is anything else that could be causing it to drain now I've removed the charger. As it stands not in a rush to buy a charger as the van won't be getting used for camping for a while.

For info, the van was rarely attached to the mains so that wouldn't have contributed much to the leisure batteries being charged.

Cheers
Chris

faulty ignition switch is a common t4 problem what you will need to do is a battery drain test to see if anything is drawing current overnight

Personally I’d start by getting your battery condition checked. Your local garage should be able to do this for you. I’m not sure where in the world you are but as the temperatures are dropping a weak battery will usually suffer even if it’s performed perfectly during the hotter months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any garage should be able to do it what you need to do is use a multimeter to see how much draw the battery is taking if any then eliminate things one at a time

Back