Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flat leisure battery

Leeky

Leeky

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Went out this eve to get something from Cali and lights wouldn’t work in rear, leisure battery seem flat, haven’t used van since Halloween or charged, plugged into hookup and see what happens, any advice please
It’s 2015

Something left on? Phone charger. Lights. Fridge. What does the battery drain say on the panel?

Only thing I can see is 2 iPhone charge leads, both next to the sink in adapters,

Display said battery 0%

Only thing I can see is 2 iPhone charge leads, both next to the sink in adapters,

Display said battery 0%
Plugged into 12v Socket?

Even if not plugged into phones, the Charger will consume power.

I phone chargers use power regardless of whether they are charging anything mate. So always unplug them if vans going to be stood for a bit. Could be that.

Thanks, plugged on hook up now, see what happpens
The Leisure Battery System is protected from being flattened by the Fridge or Parking Heater as both will be switched off if the Leisure voltage drops to about 11.5v.
However there is no such protection from the Habitation lights or anything plugged into the 12v sockets running the Leisure Batteries flat.

The inverter is always live as well and draw current with nothing plugged in.

• Disagree
Reactions: Loz
The inverter is always live as well and draw current with nothing plugged in.
Not quit correct. When a plug is inserted into the Inverter socket it will depress a microswitch that switches the Inverter on. A Green LED lights up on the L Upper corner under the Flap. Only then is the Inverter Live and drawing power.
There have been instances, rarely, that this microswitch fails to switch the Inverter Off when the plug is withdrawn. Only then will the Inverter remain live drawing a small current of about 0.6 amps according to the Control Panel readout. The Green LED remains on, so check under the flap when taking the plug out of the Inverter socket.

Not quit correct. When a plug is inserted into the Inverter socket it will depress a microswitch that switches the Inverter on. A Green LED lights up on the L Upper corner under the Flap. Only then is the Inverter Live and drawing power.
There have been instances, rarely, that this microswitch fails to switch the Inverter Off when the plug is withdrawn. Only then will the Inverter remain live drawing a small current of about 0.6 amps according to the Control Panel readout. The Green LED remains on, so check under the flap when taking the plug out of the Inverter socket.

Every day is a school day, possibly explains something, mine has always had a 3 pin adapter permanently inserted and noticed a little battery drain if the vehicle stood for a few days, unplugged it now Ill see what happens, never noticed the LED though. I was basing my assumption on a inverter I had in my Landy, even with the power switch off it pulled a little current.

You have to get down on your knees to see the LED.

Alan

If its been caught within a short time of going completely flat you may be able to recover it :) Hookup is a good call, good luck.

Was it nearly flat at Halloween (last use) or fully charged?

No it was ok Halloween, and we were using van loads, now it’s been parked up since, ie nearly 2 months and flat, it’s still plugged in now, fingers crossed

Where is the inverter socket, still trying to learn all this stuff? Love my cali, but a bit more complicated than my tent.

Beside the sink, I had 2 charge leads for iPhone plugged in, only leads , 1 in inverter, and yes it’s nearly 2 months but the leisure battery’s are flat

Beside the sink, I had 2 charge leads for iPhone plugged in, only leads , 1 in inverter, and yes it’s nearly 2 months but the leisure battery’s are flat
That's why the Batteries were flat. Nothing should be plugged into 12v or Inverter sockets unless being used. Chargers on their own consume power.

That's why the Batteries were flat. Nothing should be plugged into 12v or Inverter sockets unless being used. Chargers on their own consume power.
I’ve charged up on hookup for couple days, display shows 100% so fingers crossed

I’ve charged up on hookup for couple days, display shows 100% so fingers crossed
Use mine most days when I can be bothered to leave the flat. Frigo is on all the time and auxiliary heater on often. Do have a solar panel thanks to Solar Camper Solutions and never had any flat battery on this or previous California.