Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flexi Light and 12v socket in Roof.. heated rear screen

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We have a SE on order and had a look at one at a dealer to get a feel for it and compare to the Beach we had before.

Couple of things I noticed different was in the roof. Apart from the extra window on the front of the canvas and its Electric rather then manual.. there was a flexi light but no 12v socket.

The Beach has no flexi light but did have a 12v is this the same on all SE's? is there a 12v socket as part of a pack or something?? The kids found it really useful for there devices and we also had a 12v fan from it when spain which was great

Also can someone explain to me about the flexi light, is it removable? as it looked fixed, is there a 12v Socket underneath. Is the bulb LED in it or Halogen.

I read in pass that some people didn't have a 'flexi' light included with there van, is the same flexi light in the roof we are talking about or another?

I saw the rechargeable flashlight in rear of the passenger seat base, which is part of the tour pack I have ordered.

Any pics would be great!

:thanks

ps forgot to ask we noticed the SE had double glazed tailgate window with no heating elements on it, the dealer said you could not have a heated rear screen with double glazing.. our Beach had a heated rear screen but it wasn't double glazed so probably true but thought I'd ask just in case

Rear window - Double Glazed or Heated + Wash Wipe, but not both is my understanding. I've got the latter which is what I wanted.
The windows ALL get misted if the vehicle is not adequately ventilated when camping in winter and I definitely wanted the rear wash wipe.

The Halogen bulbed flexilight is standard on the SE. There is no 12 v socket upstairs.

You therefore have 2 options:
1. Remove flexilight and replace with 12v socket. There is a post on the forum about this.

2. Have a 12v extension lead with plug & socket to plug in the kitchen unit 12v socket. Single and Multi socket extensions available on eBay. Then you can keep the light.

The light bulb can be replaced with a LED bulb, as above, or there is a complete LED replacement from Osram at about £25 in varying Flexi lengths 12,20 & 40cms I think.

As my flexi light has flexed itself apart, I'm looking for a replacement and an LED one would be a much safer option than a replacement halogen ,in terms of potential fire risk with a five year old upstairs( probably the reason for the demise of the light!) Has anyone bought one? I can't seem to find one.
Thanks in advance.

WelshGas said:
Rear window - Double Glazed or Heated + Wash Wipe, but not both is my understanding.
My (2013 LHD) Cali has double glazing AND wash/wipe but not heating...

Took the bendy light out and fitted a small adjustable led spot light found on the Web. I'll photo it if you would like. V neat and permanently out of the way.

Mine is double glazed, no heating. I just make my mother in law sit in the back and breath on it.

As my flexi light has flexed itself apart, I'm looking for a replacement and an LED one would be a much safer option than a replacement halogen ,in terms of potential fire risk with a five year old upstairs( probably the reason for the demise of the light!) Has anyone bought one? I can't seem to find one.
Thanks in advance.
Ikea sell them for ten quid, inc mains adapter that has 3.5v output. Maplins sell a 12v adapter that has a 4v ?output' it's led, powerful, low consumption and cold.

Back