Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Floor rail mounted tie down hooks

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Heres one for Hotel California - i want to buy a couple of floor tie down hooks so i can bungee down my fridge. I seem to recall a conversation on this forum and somebody giving a web address (german i think). I think these would be very popular if sold from the forum shop. Many thanks

Ok , my advise is use the search function.

Am at work , lunchbreak on my Iphone ....i would have a go later when at home;)

we have purchased an Anchor floor lashing from the Forum shop .... overpriced for what they are , but necessary...don't want to mess up fitting and would appreciate any advice on removing 'plastic end section'. of floor rail and actual fitting of Anchor, what tools to use etc ...don't want to damage floor rail and pretty inexperienced !
Thanks

The plastic, because it has such a thin edge, is quite easily marked if you use too narrow a tool to lever it up. I used a wide wood chisel and gradually worked it up from both sides.

The plastic, because it has such a thin edge, is quite easily marked if you use too narrow a tool to lever it up. I used a wide wood chisel and gradually worked it up from both sides.
Thanks Keith, will try with a wider blade tool like a wood chisel... did you completely remove the plastic section and then replace and does the 'Anchor rail screw plate' go under the sides of the metal slide rail, what are we screwing into ?
(I'm sure my questions seem pretty 'dahhhh' but don't want to make a pigs ear of things)

Once you have the plastic sufficiently "out" to get a grip it comes out easily. It's quite deep as it's designed to come out for vehicles with the extra seat. Once removed you have a sizeable void which makes it easy to slot the backing washer and nut underneath. This is what it looks like from above. We have a turtle trapper rug and I've cut a hole in it so that the bracket is mostly covered.

IMG_1054.JPG

Once you have the plastic sufficiently "out" to get a grip it comes out easily. It's quite deep as it's designed to come out for vehicles with the extra seat. Once removed you have a sizeable void which makes it easy to slot the backing washer and nut underneath. This is what it looks like from above. We have a turtle trapper rug and I've cut a hole in it so that the bracket is mostly covered.

View attachment 44764
Thanks Keith that's great , I have a much clearer idea now it's so much easier to have 'visual' too

Hi Keith, your going to think I am a real 'thicko' but here goes......I got the plastic plate off quite easily with the wood chisel ( as you suggested). Once that came off the 'void' underneath is deeper than the plate screws ... so I'm not sure what I should be screwing into. When I hold the back plate under it would just fall down ??

There's the square plate that goes above the rail and then there is another washer and nut that goes underneath. With you saying about screws you haven't got the lashing that's supplied with the Beach have you? The Beach has lashings at the ends of the two outside rails but these won't fit the Ocean.

IMG_1348.JPG

There's the square plate that goes above the rail and then there is another washer and nut that goes underneath. With you saying about screws you haven't got the lashing that's supplied with the Beach have you? The Beach has lashings at the ends of the two outside rails but these won't fit the Ocean.

View attachment 44957
[/QUO
I bought it from the forum shop and it said suitable for T5/T6 nothing about Ocean specific.
It looks 'on the top plate' like the previous picture you posted ... I assume of your own, though the bottom plate looks more like this picture, I can see the two screws. Looks like there's been some kind of 'mix up' ... think you've 'nailed it'

Just put a carpet down and nothing slides. Simple.

Back