Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Floor repair recommendation wanted

Lowrider

Lowrider

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Dear community

Today I destroyed the floor on our new Cali Ocean. I think it isn't possible to exchange the floor panel. How shall I repair this floor? Any recommendation welcome.

Best regards from Switzerland
Lowrider

image.jpeg

There are others who done thesame , damage to the rubber floor....
I think very hard and expencive to repair as the whole comes out in one piece and goes under the wardrobe and kitchenunit.
Also think it is glued to the wooden floorpanel underneeth.
Best is to try and life with it , put a mat on top ....should have done that before so the mat was damaged instead the floor;) but to late now...

Bummer..... Maybe just hide it? With a brand new van, these things (imperfections....) will happen. After time, you will not let it annoy you too much.

IMG_9232.JPG

A decent vinyl floor layer should be able to heat weld that. there would still be a small mark but it would be flat & no gap in the finish.

A decent vinyl floor layer should be able to heat weld that. there would still be a small mark but it would be flat & no gap in the finish.

I'd do that too - put a mat over it for now & ask a floor fitter for advice on a professional repair.

I did the similar damage in my old van when fitting a Kiravans swivel, try not to be too cross with yourself (even though you still will).

Thank you for all information. Today I try to glue it. It isn't the best solution but for a quick solution it is enough. Before I put glue into the hole I try to warm up the area with a hairdryer. After this it was easier to glue it.

Back