Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Floor trim - Full width strip between living room and front cabin area

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I've inserted two pictures to show where the floor trim between the living room and front cabin in our new Ocean does not sit tight to the floor in some places, but doesn't in others. The 20p coin easily slides underneath without touching the trim above.

I think that this trim is either going to get caught on something and then chip off, or will get filled with dirt. We have the lino option fitted ("wood effect" not). The trim fitting looks a bit shoddy to be honest. Our 5.1SE joining strip was tight to the floor. It looks as though the joining strip on the Ocean should have been stuck down but wasn't. Thoughts anyone?
Trim NOT acceptably fitted.jpg

Trim acceptably fitted.jpg

My 2017 beach was the same, you can gently lift it to put carpet under and gently tap it back down, perhaps a gentle tap with a soft mallet? It is just like a 2 part B&Q trim only in plastic

I've inserted two pictures to show where the floor trim between the living room and front cabin in our new Ocean does not sit tight to the floor in some places, but doesn't in others. The 20p coin easily slides underneath without touching the trim above.

I think that this trim is either going to get caught on something and then chip off, or will get filled with dirt. We have the lino option fitted ("wood effect" not). The trim fitting looks a bit shoddy to be honest. Our 5.1SE joining strip was tight to the floor. It looks as though the joining strip on the Ocean should have been stuck down but wasn't. Thoughts anyone?
View attachment 128801

View attachment 128802
same as ours. not a great design, but admit it hasn't caused us any problems apart from a certain 'unnerving softness underfoot'

View attachment 128801

View attachment 128802
It's just a push fit cover between cab carpet and vinyl floor.
Use a piece of wood across length of trim and tap it down with hammer/mallet on wood.

Part 5.

1725869426111.png

Thanks everyone. Very useful to hear that everyone else is the same. I do usually like the 'hit it with a hammer' solution to things. I plan to cover up with marvel mats anyway and I'll try to forget it.

Thanks everyone. Very useful to hear that everyone else is the same. I do usually like the 'hit it with a hammer' solution to things. I plan to cover up with marvel mats anyway and I'll try to forget it.
I did just that Acer. Never to be seen again :)