Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fly screen - should I have one?

K

Krispy

Can't quite work out wether my December registered MY21 Ocean 150 should have come with a fly screen or not - some people seem to get one and others not? All I know I didn't get one.

Also, not sure I understand what the fly screen is for - is it for the sliding window in the side door? Above the kitchen? Both???

Thanks!

Can't quite work out wether my December registered MY21 Ocean 150 should have come with a fly screen or not - some people seem to get one and others not? All I know I didn't get one.

Also, not sure I understand what the fly screen is for - is it for the sliding window in the side door? Above the kitchen? Both???

Thanks!
Both sides we were supplied with

I think they were standard on T6 Ocean and optional on T6.1?

Standard now, on both rear sliding windows, but I understand they are a relatively recent addition to the 6.1

flyscreen.png

Always listed in the brochure for T6.1 but not supplied as not yet produced.

Thanks!
Yes, for the sliding windows. No fly screens came with my 6.1 Ocean.
FYI Jerba are working on a design - see below. (Note: T6 version does not fit)

Hi Mike
We are in the process of fine tuning the design an hope to have screens available for sale shortly. Keep an eye on the website for information.
Regards
David

David Miller
Customer Support
We are proud to be 100% employee owned
Jerba Campervans Ltd
Reg in Scotland No. SC296001
Unit B, Halfland Barns, North Berwick, East Lothian, EH39 5PW
VAT no. 878 1329 89
Tel – 01620 890374

Has anyone been able to track down a midge/fly-screen for the 6.1 yet??

Has anyone been able to track down a midge/fly-screen for the 6.1 yet??
If you mean for the sliding windows, then yes. Bought one recently from Jerba.

3640042D-962F-417A-B151-8634D1B1D206.png

Thank you - I did mean for the sliding windows - that's great, I will get in touch with them.
Not cheap at £50 each but probaly worth having. We have two now in prep’ for our Scotland adventure.

I have a question about a midge screen for the sliding door aperture. How often do people use these and are they effective? The Brandrup one is £153, so a lot of dosh for something that may not be used much.
Thinking of cobbling one together with Midge Mesh from Purple Turtle and some self adhesive Velcro dots. Total cost would be about £15. Offcuts will cover the vents in the bellows.

I've got the Jerba screens as my van will spend most of its time in the Highlands and being midge-proof is a bit of a priority. They are well made and (although they are expensive), I would definitely recommend them.

Not cheap at £50 each but probaly worth having. We have two now in prep’ for our Scotland adventure.

I have a question about a midge screen for the sliding door aperture. How often do people use these and are they effective? The Brandrup one is £153, so a lot of dosh for something that may not be used much.
Thinking of cobbling one together with Midge Mesh from Purple Turtle and some self adhesive Velcro dots. Total cost would be about £15. Offcuts will cover the vents in the bellows.
Have ordered the black midge netting and will probably copy this couple’s DIY project.

Have ordered the black midge netting and will probably copy this couple’s DIY project.

As my first attempt before I got the Jerba screens - I used some good quality midge netting and stuck a layer of that on the outside of the T6.1 flyscreens that came with the van using waterproof Gorilla Tape around the frame. They work fine but I was concerned that they were a bit delicate, so went down the Jerba route.

As my first attempt before I got the Jerba screens - I used some good quality midge netting and stuck a layer of that on the outside of the T6.1 flyscreens that came with the van using waterproof Gorilla Tape around the frame. They work fine but I was concerned that they were a bit delicate, so went down the Jerba route.
I’ve got the Jerba screens for the small sliding windows but for an inexpensive project am making a big one for the sliding door aperture. Doubt i’ll use it much (if at all) but a nice project.

Played with the large piece of Midge Netting and decided that life is too short to spend time cutting and sewing. The edges look fairly stable and don’t look like they will fray.

So, just keeping the net in the Cali along with some small strong magnets we have. Very easy to set up in a minute or two.

My new 6.1 ocean 2023 only came with one fly screen, dealer tells me that this was the option ordered? I thought two were standard on the Ocean?

Does anyone know the dimensions for the Jerba 6.1 fly screens?

Back