Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Folding bead and rear space

I

Itinerant

Vehicle
Just browsing
I am thinking of buying a used California. I'm not familiar with them. Can anybody tell me what is missing from the rear space in this photo. Also there is a large recess in the back of the rear seat/folding bed. Should there be something in this recess? Thank you.p5.volkswagen-california-diesel-estate.jpg

There should be a metal grille as the rear bed base & a mattress on it.
The recess is supposed to be empty.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
You have to move the seat forward and lean the seat back flat before that seat back forms the middle of the three section bed. The top section of the bed is the said metal grille. The three section matress that sits on the grille then folds out to cover the grille as well as the other two seat sections. Hope that makes sense :) check out a few internal diagrams of the Cali on Google and it will become clear :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is the 3 section mattress not an extra? It’s does not come with the vehicle as standard does it?

This is how it should look like. Otherwise, the bed is useless. Remember to flip the headrests before you lay down the seat. That is done on the knobs on each.

vw-t5-california-g6-l.jpg

Or in my case a board, metal grille was introduced later

I did think about that before I replied to the original post, didn't the the cupboards change colour at the same time as the bed base changed ?

If something as big a part of the van as the bed base has gone missing I wonder what else has been lost?

I have a mattress for sale. If you measure the width I will check to see if its exactly right. (Not sure if its Ocean or two seat Beach - if there is a difference in width..)

Back