Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Folding Mirrors on Ocean T6 MY18

Did that work?

Not much much help but I had a point where mine stopped working a few weeks back.......i had been playing around with carista so i could of somehow broken them myself but tried for a number days and they wouldn't fold. I've since done a reset from within the MFD which i was advised would cause the setting to be picked up again, this may have been linked but they are working now.

Ok, what was the MFD reset out of interest. I’ll try it if Lozs recommendation doesn’t work.
Thanks.

I'm in the process of buying a 66 plate ocean, after watching the video I'm wondering if it will come with the lights in the cupboards and a strip light on the outside etc as the video said it's for the 17 and 18 plates, has vw changed the standard spec from the 16 to 17 plates? The one I'm looking to buy has the solid glass work top and not the split one but I have also been looking at some 17 plates which also don't have the split work tops, help, I'm very confused

Great tips on this thread. I pick up my new Ocean next Saturday, it’s currently just left Emden!

With Carista, you can set whether they fold automatically when you lock the van (if you want that). Carista cheaper/easier than VCDS, but doesn't offer quite the same scope/flexibility, though most of the good stuff is in there.

can't find this option in Carista?

Trouble is, the way the mirrors fold they fill with water, when it rains. unlike my Caddy the mirrors fold in rather than up.

Trouble is, the way the mirrors fold they fill with water, when it rains. unlike my Caddy the mirrors fold in rather than up.
Really? I have a ‘17 150DSG and my mirrors collect more water when not folded. Fold them and they drain a few cl’s, leave them folded and hardly any water collects.

I’ve done loads, it not a secret, but the coding won’t mean much unless you have the programmer.
Hi Loz,

so you can program this feature on a 2017 Ocean?

Also, can you program for Voice Activation plus Rear view camera too?

I'd rather pay someone who knows what they are doing then a VW garage where the technician blags about doing this and that, but by observation is clearly out of his depth.

Let me know if these things are something you can do for me please.

Thanks

A. If you have the correct door modules yes, but most my16 don’t
B. Voice activation is a dealer upgrade only, but not wirth it.
C. Rear view programming yes but requires hardware.

A. If you have the correct door modules yes, but most my16 don’t
B. Voice activation is a dealer upgrade only, but not wirth it.
C. Rear view programming yes but requires hardware.
Hi Loz,

thank you for your reply.

I am about to install the OEM VW rear view camera. I bought this from Germany direct, and am assured it is fully compatible with my head unit.

Voice Activation is just something I've got used to with my Audi cars, so seeing all the hardware installed makes me want this option enabled.

What do you mean by the right modules being installed for the wing mirrors please? Is this wiring modules? I did consider adapting the wiring myself.

Best regards

Al

What do you mean by the right modules being installed for the wing mirrors please? Is this wiring modules? I did consider adapting the wiring myself.

Best regards

Al
Its the control modules (combined with the motor) in each door dont work, as the firmware does not support it.
Until you scan the car you wont know what modules you have.

Its the control modules (combined with the motor) in each door dont work, as the firmware does not support it.
Until you scan the car you wont know what modules you have.
Ahh. Many thanks Loz.

Okay, door controllers often do this when they lose power or get reprogrammed.

Try and recalibrate both windows by doing this.

Press and hold the window button to drive the window down, when it stops let go and press it down again and hold it for 5 seconds.
Now pull it up (sometimes it jumps up and stops but just pull up again) when you get to the top let go and pull the button up again and hold for 5 seconds like you did on the way down.
Check the one-touch down and up works.
Repeat this on the other door.

Now the one-touch is recalibrated test the folding mirrors.
Thanks Loz, this just worked for me too. :thumb

After disconnecting the battery last week while fitting a solar panel, today I noticed the window one touch stopped working. After turning ignition off and on again, the one touch came back so thought no more of it until later when I held the fob button in but the mirrors wouldn’t fold. Did a search on here and found this thread, mirrors and windows now can be operated via the remote again. :)

Thanks Loz, this just worked for me too. :thumb

After disconnecting the battery last week while fitting a solar panel, today I noticed the window one touch stopped working. After turning ignition off and on again, the one touch came back so thought no more of it until later when I held the fob button in but the mirrors wouldn’t fold. Did a search on here and found this thread, mirrors and windows now can be operated via the remote again. :)

I should check the parking heater as well. You might find that the control panel has to be reset after the engine battery has been disconnected. These are the very helpful instructions from @WelshGas after I had the problem following battery disconnection. #4 https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/aux-heater-failed.13802/
Try the following first.
1. Switch Off the Control Panel using the L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On using L lower button.

2. Press And hold R lower button and press Control Knob. A hidden menu will be shown Scroll to Volkswagon Diagnostic. Any Fault codes shown. Write down codes then scroll to Reset and clear codes.

I should check the parking heater as well. You might find that the control panel has to be reset after the engine battery has been disconnected.
Thanks Simon, it was actually ok but it needed a run up to temperature anyway. :thumb

Didn’t realise until yesterday that MY18 mirrors will fold if you hold onto the remote lock button a few seconds.

They will also automatically unfold when you out the ignition key in.

Didn’t realise until yesterday that MY18 mirrors will fold if you hold onto the remote lock button a few seconds.

They will also automatically unfold when you out the ignition key in.
Also have you discovered that if you hold the 'un-lock' button on the key fob the windows will wind down and back up with the 'lock' button.

However if, like me, you keep your keys on a ring in your pocket you can inadvertently open the windows by squashing your keys whilst they are in your pocket anywhere nearby. The van will re-lock after a short time but the windows will remain open! Theft and/or wet seats result!

This option can be disabled with VCDS etc. but by doing that the remote folding mirror facility will also be disabled.

Back