Folding Wing Mirror Problem

G

gateway77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
RE: Folding Wing Mirrors T6 California

Hi

When I press the button to fold the wing mirrors in, only the nearside operates - the drivers side doesn't move at all. Does anyone have the same experience or is anyone able to offer advice on a solution?

Many thanks

As your details say looking to buy - if your van is new I would take it in to your local VW dealer

As your details say looking to buy - if your van is new I would take it in to your local VW dealer
blimey - didn't realise that I hadn't updated that. Thanks for pointing out.
No the T6 has been ours for a few months now. Only just realised that only one mirror is folding.

enjoying the van too much

Yes and must say that I'm liking it more and more as I get to learn and appreciate everything it has to offer. Probably the first owners manual that I've looked at properly for many years!
But I can't see anything in there that relates to the single wing mirror issue.

can not recall any issues before.on forum. Have knocked one up before when passing a large motorhome on a lane but a few turn on and off and it reset

My passenger side is not working, seems to be the motor at fault. As mirror movement, demisting + lane assist are working I am leaving it for the time being as a new one is £350 plus.

My driver side mirror only folds out if I have ignition switch on

I thought both mirrors folded in when ignition switched off?

Hi - On my T6 I believe that both mirrors should fold in - but only when the button is pressed by the mirror control on the drivers door.

You may have a higher 'lights and vision pack' so they may fold automatically on locking the car. Mine definitely will only fold by manually selecting the button mentioned above. But only the passenger door is folding.

It sounds like this is not common and most likely is therefore a fault and possibly the motor has gone as BerndRos suggests. :(

My driver side mirror only folds out if I have ignition switch on
I'll go and check if theres any difference with ignition on or off but I don't think it matters.:confused:

My passenger side is not working, seems to be the motor at fault. As mirror movement, demisting + lane assist are working I am leaving it for the time being as a new one is £350 plus.
That could be the problem - in which case it should be sorted by VW as the van is less than 12 months old.
I just wanted to check if anyone else had the same issue, or whether there was a factory reset somewhere.

I'll go and check if theres any difference with ignition on or off but I don't think it matters.:confused:
The mirrors fold with Ignition On, and will also fold on activation of the door switch for upto 3-5 minutes After the Ignition is Off. The windows work the same way.

The mirrors fold with Ignition On, and will also fold on activation of the door switch for upto 3-5 minutes After the Ignition is Off. The windows work the same way.

Ok sorted the issue now.

The drivers door mirror must have been disabled by pressing the R mirror control in the normal position.

By pressing the button R again and then selecting "mirrors fold" button both left and right wing mirrors have folded in.

This means you could select only one mirror to fold if desired although I can't imagine why you'd do that.

My mirrors only fold by manually pressing the button in the door control. They do not fold automatically when locking the vehicle.

Anyway thanks for all the replies - it all helped me get there in the end.
:thanks

I've just discovered that my drivers side folding mirror isn't folding. Its not making any noises when the buttons set to fold. I read in the thread below that it is possible to disable the folding mirrors individually, however can't see anything in the manual about this for my T5.1 so I presume this is T6 only?

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/folding-wing-mirror-problem.18249/

The van is under warranty from the dealer I bought it from but want to be sure I have checked the obvious before raising it as an issue. Anything else I should check for first?

I had a problem where my left wing mirror folded ok, but the right one didn't. I found this on another forum and it worked - both now operate correctly:

Windows need resetting.

press and hold the windows fully down and then fully up and hold till the click - sorted.