Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

footwell lights

K

keithg

Hi All.
I have read a few threads but nothing seems help.
Does anyone know how to turn off the footwell lights on a cali beach? Its a 2012. Would be nice to leave the doors open without worrying about being able to start up in the morning.
I have the interior lights set to off, but the footwell lights still come on. Any advice?
Thanks

Don't the get turned of automaticly after a while....?

Mine go off after about 30 mins... The timer resets if I open the boot, even if the sliding door is already open.

I have been experiencing the same problem with my T5 caravelle when camping. There are 2 ways I could handle it :

1) with the sidedoor open and the boot open I locked the doors with the remote. Then manually I put my finger on the locking mechanism of the tailgate and pushed it into lock mode. Careful not to close the tailgate now because it would bump into the lock and may damage. Before closing the tailgate you have to open it by reopening the doors with the remote. For safety I always put some indicator that the lock was closed hanging from the tailgate so that I would remember to open the lock before slamming the tailgate. This way the lights on the footwell dimmed on my caravelle.

2) when camping for a longer time I did not want the hassle of number 1 so I opened the safety breaker box (was under the gear stick in the caravelle) and removed 1 breaker that made the lights work inside the van. Once this one removed all internal lights were switched off. Driving was safe cause external lights would work, but a "broken breaker" indicator lamp would lighten on the control panel while driving, which is no problem and reminds you to reinsert the breaker once done camping. You can find which breaker to remove in your manual somewhere in the back. It says which breaker drives the internal lights. Try until they dim.

Hope this helps :)

Easier way is to lock your van using the inside central locking switch on the drivers door. That way the van knows you are camping and the sliding door lights turn off after about a minute. When opening the sliding door you will have to do it from the inside (or else you could not lock it using the inside central locking switch!) Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My footwell lights stopped working.
The interior lamp switch seems to have this function ( 2012 ocean) ….working when interior switch is central.

Fwiw the mouldings are poor quality but expensive.

why would a manufacturer do that for their illuminated logo is beyond me.

It’s as if vw are advertising their awful approach to quality….. ‘look , this is how shoddy we can make expensive stuff…. Starting with our logo’

I do work with oem vehicle logos.

The California logo should be a 2 shot (2colour) moulding , that doesn’t crack or cost £50 each.

I suspect 2/3rds of the price is going towards an unsustainable pension scheme.

Will possibly be buying 3 new ones soon, but will be retrofitting them with cellulose & superglue to stiffen up.

may also be modelling in 3D to reproduce to a more durable standard…. However the oem parts will have to suffice for now .