Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

for sale

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi when I am on the for sale forum it tells me I have insufficient authority to answer. Any idea why as I am a VIP member.

Hi when I am on the for sale forum it tells me I have insufficient authority to answer. Any idea why as I am a VIP member.
Believe this service is closed to the time being

I've noticed the same too. Is this because of the current Coronavirus situation, or have the rules changed and I need to make some more posts?

Because of the virus

Mike

Thanks, had a garage clear out today and had plenty of items to list....., this virus has a lot to answer for!!

I've moved this to support. Hopefully @calikev or "Martin may help out here.

My answer would be - I don't. Your shop still appears to be open : "We are accepting orders, but delivery times maybe slightly delayed – please bare with us" PLus it looks like I can also place an ad in the for Cali for sale section

Why is it every time i make a decision i get this The shop remaining open is not my choice closing this down for the time being is.
Looks somewhat hypocritical but then I don't know the exact relationship between the shop and this site and even stranger that the fee paying Cali for sale section appears to be open !

Well, I can imagine it's no fun getting critique when making decisions. So please take this comment as a sincere positive suggestion: you could consider explaining the reasons behind the decision. That might help people understand why it's closed and perhaps then they'd react more kindly. In many countries (if not all?) it's still perfectly possible to order stuff and send packages to each other. You'd think people can be sensible enough themselves to not go driving around and picking up second hand stuff.

I made the decision after receiving several emails from members asking for this because of the increased rick of infection i did not realise this small action would cause a problem i cant please everybody i was just trying cant win can i

Thats my problem i do take it personally because i care about this club forum and always try and do whats right. i believe its why its such a well run and friendly forum not keen on being called a hypocrite

i am trying to keep a low profile Paul and do things in the background we have a good team in the back moderators and admins not just me

I made the decision after receiving several emails from members asking for this because of the increased rick of infection i did not realise this small action would cause a problem i cant please everybody i was just trying cant win can i

Apologies Kev, @calikev

I moved it here without thinking.

As you know the forum is a little bit heated at the moment and I'm just trying to clear reports as fast quick as I can.... sorry about that, should have been more awake....

Kev, just me, but I'm sure I speak for the majority of the forum, this place is bloody brilliant and you guys deserve a huge round of applause frankly.

I suspect when it was smaller we all knew how the club was run and some of the history behind it, even the people behind it.
In a nutshell it’s not just another business with a website flogging stuff.

Mike

May I make a positive suggestion, if you have gear to sell and are desperate to get rid of it before the restrictions are lifted, try one of the many on line Auctions.

This site, its members and more importantly its staff make it a fantastic club. Please remember it’s a resource for all to use, provided by the Staff, with some additional and useful benefits such as the for sale section. If the current serious situation means the Club decides to suspend the for sale section and you feel the need simply list the goods elsewhere.

Keep up the Great work VWCC

Stay safe everyone.

@calikev , as everyone said, you guys do a wonderful job. Keep up the good work and thank you. Hopefully, we will all be out of this very soon and back to a new normal. :thumb

@calikev, I strongly believe that you made the right decision. Unnecessary travel to pick up an item is exactly what the government don't want. You can't rely on everyone to do the right thing and use postage/courier. I'm sure that when this is passed, they'll be plenty of items wanted by us novices. :thumb

When I lived outside Paris my neighbour came back from his summer at the coast to find all his garden gnomes had been taken into the woods and decapitated, seemingly with a golf club.
He was so distraught that he went out and bought plastic flowers to put in his flower beds.