Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Forgot to order a 2nd USB, what now?

Trav88

Trav88

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
The salesman who sold me the VW T6 Beach really didn't have a clue what he was selling to be honest, hence I missed out on a few cheap but essential features.

I did however manage to get CarPlay, but I can't stand the placement of the USB, I'm onto my third cable as they keep breaking.

Is there a way of moving it? On top of the dashboard for example? Or any other clever modifications?

IMG_7680.JPG
The salesman who sold me the VW T6 Beach really didn't have a clue what he was selling to be honest, hence I missed out on a few cheap but essential features.

I did however manage to get CarPlay, but I can't stand the placement of the USB, I'm onto my third cable as they keep breaking.

Is there a way of moving it? On top of the dashboard for example? Or any other clever modifications?

It's one thing that annoys me with mine. When I ordered a USB option, I thought I was getting the additional one in the cubby hole!

Only yesterday, I investigated re-routing the glove box USB into the spare blanking plate above the cigarette lighter! But as a temporary fix, I threaded through an Iphone cable from the glovebox and out through the blanking plate. I may order a VW USB cable and try and fit it properly..

IMG_7683.JPG

View attachment 19776

Last edited:
Interesting. I have the second USB but I thought carp,at only worked with the one in the cubbyhole. I'll check.

It does seem bonkers to give you CarPlay but not the USB in the cubbyhole as that is the whole point of the cubbyhole - to park your phone in when connected.

Although it's a bit unfinished, I find it better than having the cable draped out of the glovebox!

IMG_7734.JPG

I leave my iPhone connected in the glove box with the lid closed. I can access everything I require via app connect, the media centre's touch screen or the MF steering wheel. Less tempting than to touch the phone and the potential for a hefty fine and six points on your licence if spotted doing so whilst driving by the police. Maybe VW shouldn't be so ashamed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I leave my iPhone connected in the glove box with the lid closed. I can access everything I require via app connect, the media centre's touch screen or the MF steering wheel. Less tempting than to touch the phone and the potential for a hefty fine and six points on your licence if spotted doing so whilst driving by the police. Maybe VW shouldn't be so ashamed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there is that. The cubby hole also has a lid and I believe has phone signal amplification too :)

I just checked. My T6 Ocean is configured with USB1 in the cubbyhole and USB2 in the glovebox. CarPlay works only with USB1.

I just checked. My T6 Ocean is configured with USB1 in the cubbyhole and USB2 in the glovebox. CarPlay works only with USB1.

Odd, Android Auto works with both USBs of mine, I'll check at lunch time to make sure.

..me..

Another vote for CarPlay only working with USB1 with iPhone. Bit annoying!

Odd, Android Auto works with both USBs of mine, I'll check at lunch time to make sure.

..me..
Confirmes it yesterday. Both my USB, the central one near the shifter and the one in the top glove box, sockets work with Android Auto (app connect).

..me..