Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

FRANCE Aug 2015

ceverard

ceverard

Hi All
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to go in France and any nice campsite recommendations? My husband and I are off on Sunday 16th Aug for 3 weeks away for our honeymoon in our treasured T5 California. We have booked the EuroTunnel so lets hope we aren't delayed.
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Charlotte

It's a BIG country....!

Best I guess to get yourself a guide book for France ASAP and get reading and planning. Also get 'all the aires' book for free sleeping spots.....

I am going through the tunnel on the eve if the 15th...and also hope there will be no hold ups.....

We have just got back after a few weeks there.
Ten days in the Pyrenees watching the Tour and then the Aveyron and Lot valleys.
Municipal sites in both St Antonin Noble Val in the Avyron and at Cenevieres in the Lot. Roughly £10 an night with leccy. Nice clean and quiet. Didn't book, just turned up.
Good site at Rocamadour in the Dordigne as well.
Stayed in various aires (not the motorway ones) on the way back up and in a restaurant car park after eating there at Cap Griz Nez near Calais.
Have a good time.

It's a BIG country....!

Best I guess to get yourself a guide book for France ASAP and get reading and planning. Also get 'all the aires' book for free sleeping spots.....

I am going through the tunnel on the eve if the 15th...and also hope there will be no hold ups.....

Thanks, I have just bought the book. Super helpful info.

We have just got back after a few weeks there.
Ten days in the Pyrenees watching the Tour and then the Aveyron and Lot valleys.
Municipal sites in both St Antonin Noble Val in the Avyron and at Cenevieres in the Lot. Roughly £10 an night with leccy. Nice clean and quiet. Didn't book, just turned up.
Good site at Rocamadour in the Dordigne as well.
Stayed in various aires (not the motorway ones) on the way back up and in a restaurant car park after eating there at Cap Griz Nez near Calais.
Have a good time.

Thanks, will have a look at the map.

We offen book trips around the back road series of books. There's one for France, if you go thrpugh the chunnel there's always Ypres just north on the way to Beligium?

You can't really go wrong in france they are very camping car friendly and there are usually campsites every few miles.The atlantic coast is very nice with lots of camping,and further afield the pyrenees and alps are beautiful it just depends what your looking for. Good luck and congratulations:)

Hi, we are on Week 3 of our 4 week trip to France. It really is about 4 countries in 1. Next week sees the busiest French holiday week so it depends what you are after. I would think if it is your honeymoon you might like something decent.
You can't go wrong with the Les Castels group, all over France, lovely sites, big pitches all usually based round a chateau or similar building. Could not get into one tonight and I am sat here typing this as we can't get to sleep at our non-Les Castels site due to a very noisy disco. We have done a night at an Aire outside Nantes as I got too tired to drive any further and a night in the Camping Car park at Futuroscope. 7 euros to park all day and night but no toilet. If it was my honeymoon I would at least want a decent loo! Futuroscope was amazing!
15 years ago did a tour round the whole of France for 3 weeks not in a Cali but in Gites. Aim to do the South later in your trip so you make the most of the weather.
My teenage daughter is "chateau'd out" so might manage the Guggenheim at Bilbao but any more culture in the next few days is likely to receive short shrift. Dog coping well. We travel at the hottest time of the day as all the French are having lunch and we benefit from the aircon. Take mosi repellant as bites aren't an attractive honeymoon gift!
Hope you have a lovely time.
Zebedee

Back