Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France in August?

From peoples experience it appears you can either book in or turn up and have an official test done in France or take the official paid for UK tests with you and get the required documentation via email, it looks as though the UK test could be abused to ensure negative results if the first person tested negative I presume there is nothing stopping them carrying out the test for other members of the travelling party .

From peoples experience it appears you can either book in or turn up and have an official test done in France or take the official paid for UK tests with you and get the required documentation via email, it looks as though the UK test could be abused to ensure negative results if the first person tested negative I presume there is nothing stopping them carrying out the test for other members of the travelling party .
It’s almost as if the whole thing is fundamentally flawed and only there to stop the vast majority of people travelling?

I’m currently in France and bought my test with me from C19 testing (government approved). Cost £29. All very straightforward - took the test yesterday and they emailed me my certificate within three hours. I uploaded the certificate to the eurotunnel booking. I didn’t want to be travelling about looking for pharmacies but do the test in my time/when it suited me.I just need to do my passenger locator form in two hours which will be 48 within my return. I’m so pleased I came to France for my holiday - travelled around for a bit and ended up mainly Dordogne where the weather has been lovely. Roads clear and campsites quiet.

Having just come home via the tunnel, if you've got the test cert & vaccination certs added to your eurotunnel booking account there's nothing to do other than show your passport when you get there.

Its possible to fill in 99% of the passenger locator form early, just leave out one piece of info & then go and fill that bit in when you need to submit the form.

Hi. We are planning to go to France in a couple of weeks and it is good to see how easy it is to get a test out there. Just wanted to clarify about the COVID test you need to have within two days of returning to the UK as I can't find one for under £89. Any suggestions on this?

We used "testing for all" £40 each, for the 2 day test. booked whilst away, they gave us a reference to use on the passenger locator form.

Kit is then sent to home the day after you get back to do at home & post back to them via a priority Royal Mail post box.

There were cheaper options but some of them had sold out / fully booked & others were suggesting 6-7 working days before sending out the kits.

We had left it until a few days before we left in the hope that the rules would change & we wouldn't need the tests.

Hi. We are planning to go to France in a couple of weeks and it is good to see how easy it is to get a test out there. Just wanted to clarify about the COVID test you need to have within two days of returning to the UK as I can't find one for under £89. Any suggestions on this?
Hi G and C

If you are returning to england from an amber list country (france) you only need a day 2 test, providers are listed here for £20+

Hi G and C

If you are returning to england from an amber list country (france) you only need a day 2 test, providers are listed here for £20+

That £20 is misleading though.
If you disregard those where you have to go to their lab 200 miles away, those where you haven't got a discount code from your holiday provider, those that the price only applies to healthcare workers etc etc, you will end up at £40-£50 for self testing at home.

Mine was £55 each Randox mobile site - where they do it for you. Had mine done this morning

Returned from France on Sunday,
- predeparture lateral flow test - used the C19testing website recommendation from this forum and was great.
- day 2 PCR test - booked with Expert Medicals for £29. I know they are terrible and under investigation but it met the criteria for me to return and worked fine so far.

Re testing in France, obvs it depends on where you are and how busy the area is but, we saw large queues at the pharmacy just outside St Tropez. Apparently the queue was to pre-register for a test so no idea how long the complete process takes.
We went with the self test kits pre bought prior to travel. (Test/photo/email/certified within 24hrs).

I've used Randox Health. seems to be a discount available from most Travel Companies. Check info on your travel source - Covid.

eg Brittany Ferries was £3 per test off leaving £45 each to pay. Test kit arrived within days.
Ordered Thurs. eve delivered Monday.

That’s ok but things can change any time then you end up spending 10 days in one of the worst hotels at a cost of £2250 each.. No thanks I will wait till next year.
When this sugar coated vaccines are found to not reduce infections nor spread these vaccine passports will be worth nada. In Israel a 6 month vaccination=not vaccinated.
Denmark have thrown them out the door already.

When this sugar coated vaccines are found to not reduce infections nor spread these vaccine passports will be worth nada. In Israel a 6 month vaccination=not vaccinated.
Denmark have thrown them out the door already.
When this sugar coated vaccines are found to not reduce infections
That won't be found, we're gonna have to get jabbed 3 times a year
every year from now on.
And maybe a booster for the booster.

That won't be found, we're gonna have to get jabbed 3 times a year
every year from now on.
And maybe a booster for the booster.

Maybe - but maybe we’ll be catching Covid as frequently as we catch a cold, and our bodies will learn to fight Covid just as effectively as it fights the cold.

It might knock a bit of time off our life expectancy though.

We used Nationwide Pathology. It was £40 each, we ordered and received them before we left. You just need the reference number for your passenger locator form which you get when you order. We did the test when we returned home, posted it off and got the result a day or so later.