Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France IS next ☹️

Who’d have guessed, the entire country crammed on to the southern beaches during July/August!

All news channels reporting this now, I only booked Portsmouth to Cherbourg to nights ago thinking I would be safe, doubt if I will get a refund if it does happen as ferries will still run

If they do the same as for Spain, its not just the two week isolation when you come back, the more serious change is if the Foreign office advice changing to do not travel, if you travel against that advice, almost all travel insurance policies are no longer valid.
We have standard multi-trip medical insurance, as we traveled to Spain before the advice changed our insurance is still valid.

The good news would be if you can cope with the post-trip isolation there will be a lot less Brits in France.

Just seen this , I'm supposed to be going on the tunnel on Saturday morning

If you can afford the 14 days when you get back, go for it. Unless you see it as an indication that France is unsafe, then avoid anyway.

Whatever happens with quarantine, beware of the temps in France for the next 10 days or so - 9 departments on red alert today, and many on orange. The worst affected are in the north, not the Med as you might think!

My sister is in Capbreton in their motorhome. 43 degrees last week, dropped to 38! Says campsites are rammed...

We hope to go on 20th. Quarantine would be an issue for us though, not because of work as we both WFH, but school starts on 7 Sept and I dont fancy an extra two weeks of trying to educate/entertain...

Currently 37° at 6 pm in Northern France. Back tomorrow after 16 nights in France and Switzerland. Its been a blast, some sites and areas trying more than others with covid precautions etc but overall felt safe here.

We hope to go on 20th. Quarantine would be an issue for us though, not because of work as we both WFH, but school starts on 7 Sept and I dont fancy an extra two weeks of trying to educate/entertain...
Exactly the same for us. Due to leave on Thu 13th, might need to come back half way through the holiday to quarantine. We can WFH but the kids NEED to go back to school.

just returned from France and had booked when 14 day quarantine was in place so had that in the plans but not needed. Anyone going abroad should build in that 14 day possibility.

One thing that I hadn't expected was that you must complete a GOV Covid Form within 48 hour period prior to your return to UK. It's on-line only, no paper version unless you download and print it. typical GOV Form, long winded and even although you have filled in your name, address, Passport etc details you have to re-enter the address that you are returning to. 1 Form per person. Emailed confirmation is given and Border Force need to see that only.

French seem to have no regard for Social Distancing especially in Beach Cafe areas. Was only 1 mtr which is only an arm length (approx).

Brittany Ferries Covid precautions are exemplary, can't say the same about many Brits on board.

I'd say that it's pretty certain that France will follow Spain & Belgium on the 14 day rule soon.

French seem to have no regard for Social Distancing especially in Beach Cafe areas. Was only 1 mtr which is only an arm length (approx).
Switzerland had less precautions, no masks required in shops, bars,toilets,shower rooms etc etc. Not much distancing going on. Only masks worn on public transport. I was quite shocked at the difference between France and Switzerland.

Brittany Ferries have up to 20% off if you travel between 18th August and 31st October.
Considering that the government has hinted today that France in next on the list I think I will be keeping my wallet closed for the foreseeable future..I’ve already booked for 7th sept for Portsmouth to Caen and moved the return from Spain To next year...If the Government advice is only essential travel that will invalidate my insurance which is both health and breakdown so just can’t take the risk...Looks like this year it’s wet Wales instead of blistering Aragon....

Surely you have to compute the percentages being tested as that would obviously increase cases found. Do we have any comparisons?

Just deciding whether to book a coupe of UK sites (found a few with availability) as a Plan B..

God I hope I die before I get old and dull.

I suppose we could always use the Donald Trump method. “Less testing” “Less infections” if only life were that simple...unfortunately this is with us until we get a vaccine that actually works.