Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France this August itinerary

beforecolour

beforecolour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We’re heading to France for 10 (or so) days this August. 2 adults and 2 kids (6 & 11). Here’s our itinerary, although nothings booked as yet.

Broadhembury (1 night to break up journey from North West)
Le Brevedent (4 nights. Have stayed here before and loved it)
Les Eaux (4 nights)
La Bien Assise (2 nights)

Interested to hear any thoughts or comments. Not particularly wedded to the last campsite, chosen because of proximity to Calais and good reviews so welcome any alternative ideas. Also tips for things to see, do & enjoy in the area. Taking bikes so bike routes of particular interest.
I hope this will prove useful to any others planning a similar trip and I’ll keep the thread updated with a few pics once we’re there. TIA.

We’re heading to France for 10 (or so) days this August. 2 adults and 2 kids (6 & 11). Here’s our itinerary, although nothings booked as yet.

Les Eaux (4 nights)

Interested to hear any thoughts or comments. Not particularly wedded to the last campsite, chosen because of proximity to Calais and good reviews so welcome any alternative ideas. Also tips for things to see, do & enjoy in the area. Taking bikes so bike routes of particular interest.
I hope this will prove useful to any others planning a similar trip and I’ll keep the thread updated with a few pics once we’re there. TIA.
I think you need to get booking. August in France will be very busy regarding campsites especially with the present holiday travel chaos which is not confined to just the UK.

Les Eaux (4 nights)

We have been to Brevedent dozens of times. We used to start our holiday there but now often go there at the end. We even had a fairly miserable rainy holiday in Brittany (never again) but ended with one night at Brevedent and it just purged the whole experience. A last meal in the restaurant and going to bed listening to the band in the bar. I usually ask for our favourite pitch P5 in between the house and the lake and they always say yes. The owner Raphaël keeps the place very chilled. We often went for a day trip to Honfleur and have lunch overlooking the harbour. Very pretty.

I see the others are also Castels, so will be good. We went once to Lez Eaux and I think it was similarly attractive.
As I say we had bad weather both times we went to Brittany. We have been to Camping Au Bois Joli, south of Paris 3 times. The weather there was always great and the pool is fun. Day trips to Vézalay, and Auxerre and a good cycle ride alongside a canal in the village. Our kids rode 15km there, one of them on a one gear Isla bike. Our kids are similar ages.
A6721099-4FEE-4E72-8E1D-DAFC28F62546.png

I appreciate that would be in a different direction for you. You can just get straight back to Calais from Bois Joli in an approx 4 hr drive. I agree with Welshgas that you probably need to reserve soon. I booked our 5 sites a couple of weeks ago. I used to enjoy not booking everything but I knew where I wanted to go this year.

I think you need to get booking. August in France will be very busy regarding campsites especially with the present holiday travel chaos which is not confined to just the UK.
If these are the type of site syou are looking for, I agree, youll want/need to book ahead.

We have been to Brevedent dozens of times. We used to start our holiday there but now often go there at the end. We even had a fairly miserable rainy holiday in Brittany (never again) but ended with one night at Brevedent and it just purged the whole experience. A last meal in the restaurant and going to bed listening to the band in the bar. I usually ask for our favourite pitch P5 in between the house and the lake and they always say yes. The owner Raphaël keeps the place very chilled. We often went for a day trip to Honfleur and have lunch overlooking the harbour. Very pretty.

I see the others are also Castels, so will be good. We went once to Lez Eaux and I think it was similarly attractive.
As I say we had bad weather both times we went to Brittany. We have been to Camping Au Bois Joli, south of Paris 3 times. The weather there was always great and the pool is fun. Day trips to Vézalay, and Auxerre and a good cycle ride alongside a canal in the village. Our kids rode 15km there, one of them on a one gear Isla bike. Our kids are similar ages.
View attachment 95687

I appreciate that would be in a different direction for you. You can just get straight back to Calais from Bois Joli in an approx 4 hr drive. I agree with Welshgas that you probably need to reserve soon. I booked our 5 sites a couple of weeks ago. I used to enjoy not booking everything but I knew where I wanted to go this year.
Thanks for the info, think we'll stick with our original plan so we don't have to do the extra driving. We love the Castel sites. All booked and we'll just hope for nice weather. Next year we plan to go further, to the alps and into Switzerland.