Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France

Wow! Presumably we would still have to self isolate for 14 days when we got back (unless UK position changed between now and then).

Camping booked for july in Vendôme.
First time I booked. I just wanted to make sure the sanitairies were open, and that I would have a place to stay.

Been there once on the camping and receiving a christmas card every year, so the least I could return to them was a holiday.

Camping booked for july in Vendôme.
First time I booked. I just wanted to make sure the sanitairies were open, and that I would have a place to stay.

Been there once on the camping and receiving a christmas card every year, so the least I could return to them was a holiday.
merryxmas

Great stuff, the UK government quarantine will likely not survive the airlines legal challenge.

The French border is opening up from Monday with no restrictions or form filling for people from the EU (including the UK)
That just put a big smile on my face..... Off to start packing..... July 20th.....

Think the French have a (voluntary) 2 week quarantine as well in response to ours.
Anyone planning to go earlier than the 1st July or am I likely to be the test Cali
Owen, would you keep us all posted on your trip into France and any restrictions you might encounter? Many thanks, Judith

We are planning on lift off to Switzerland via France next week 24/25th June subject to ensuring there is nothing stopping us. So would love to hear if anyone goes before then, otherwise I am the Cali test pilot!
We are intending just to transit France to get to ‘open door’ Switzerland to do a bit of mountain biking courtesy of annual Magicpass covering 30 Swiss resorts - did it last year and had some great bike and ski adventures.

Thanks Briwy.
This does clarify my understanding that firstly, it is voluntary quarantine, unlike the UK requirements, and secondly, and more importantly, it does not apply if you are transitting France. We are heading to Switzerland.
I read this as a green light for what we are intending, but any others comments on what they understand, would be helpful.

Think the French have a (voluntary) 2 week quarantine as well in response to ours.
Anyone planning to go earlier than the 1st July or am I likely to be the test Cali
We are booked on P&O 30th June transiting through France to the Spanish Pyrenees For some mountain biking,
keeping our fingers crossed, but it will be what it is.

Tunnel now booked for France for Wed 24th June - seems to be no reason to hold us back now.

thanks, reckoning that UK quarantine will be gone by our return early July. If not, no problem, quite used to the Q game - no hardship!

You do realise that because the foreign office is still only advising essential travel only , your insurance company will not cover you
What for, Travel insurance or vehicle insurance,
Is there any documented proof.

What for, Travel insurance or vehicle insurance,
Is there any documented proof.

Definitely travel insurance, I would also expect vehicle insurance too, my wife works for NFU .

We are planning on lift off to Switzerland via France next week 24/25th June subject to ensuring there is nothing stopping us. So would love to hear if anyone goes before then, otherwise I am the Cali test pilot!
We are intending just to transit France to get to ‘open door’ Switzerland to do a bit of mountain biking courtesy of annual Magicpass covering 30 Swiss resorts - did it last year and had some great bike and ski adventures.
We will be very interested as to how you get on, we were considering transiting through France to get to Switzerland. Safe journe.

You are right about travel insurance, but it is not really critical just travelling through France as far as i am concerned. Life is always a risk, but this one is not difficult to rationalise. There will soon be an end to UK quarantine for Europeans (watch this space) an FO advice will follow that, so will be nice to get ahead of the crowds.
On vehicle insurance, I doubt it is correct that you would not be covered. If you ring an insurance co. to ask the question, doubtless at the present time, they will just say you are not covered. But it is the contract that matters and unless anyone can point to a specific clause which states that FO advice invalidates your insurance, then it is speculation to suggest there is no cover.

Travel insurance will be void as soon as you leave the UK, what if you have a car accident or worse and need to be repatriated to the UK ?

Anyone who travels without travel insurance is completely bonkers, yes I agree life is a risk, but you trip and fall in the U.K. and break a leg, painful yes but not to expensive, trip fall and break a leg abroad, ambulance fees hospital fees repatriation fees it all adds up
My mum slipped and broke her ankle in Austria about 25 years ago the bill came in at over £12.5k ! (She was insured)

Until December you have the same access to health care as anyone else in the EU.