Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Freiburg Germany

P

Paul Lavery

Vehicle
N/A
Planning on a trip in late September & the idea is to be based somewhere around here & just wondering if anyone's got any recommendations for camping sites etc.

Going to the French side of the border in the Vosges region late Aug. will report back what I find there. Drove close ish to Freiburg when traveling to Austria but didn't stop. Looked good despite the rain we had then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a good site at lake titisee not far from Freiburg .

Thanks, i'll check that out, will be towing my CBX there & once we get set up the idea is to use the bike a fair bit.

Umweltzone; the windscreen sticker shows emission levels and allows entry to a number of German cities. We purchased directly on line from the local council in Cologne, very easy to do. Cost only a few euros, delivered by post within a week and is valid in all relevant German cities.

Decided we're heading back through the black forest & will be spending a week in Switzerland as I'm taking one of my motorbikes to hopefully (weather permitting) ride some of the passes. Driving from Calais to just outside Geneva to spend a couple of days, any recommendations for places to stay outside Geneva.

Hi Paul,
FYI we stayed in the black forest back in May, We went to Freiburg as it is a tourist must. I had already researched the sites close but on arrival found them to be very cramped and busy.
We did a quick google search and decided to head south to Staufen 25 min drive. We stayed at this site http://www.camping-belchenblick.de/html/welcom.html and although mixed reviews we found it to be excellent. Staufen im Breisgau is a really pretty town and a wine lovers paradise as it is surrounded by vineyards. We were lucky as the weekend we arrived there was a mini music and wine fest on. There is also a great lido next to the campsite and entry is free if you stay at the site, They have a 50mtr outdoor pool, full size beach volley ball and large ground to just chill and relax in. Numerous cycle routes and some brilliant motor bike roads. We did a few long cycle rides and the down hill runs are jsut stunning.

Happy hols
Andy

Thanks Andy,
Will definitely check it out.

Back