Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

French city vignettes

Looks like T6's are all Yellow / Cat 2. Price is the same either way, €4.18 (at least from what I can find out).

T5's from 2011 may well also be the same category but I don't know if they're all Euro5 compliant or not. I'm sure someone more learned than I will advise shortly...

Just another bit of admin to sort out before a trip!

It is at the moment Wim but it looks like other large cities will follow on. No more parking in the centre of Bordeaux

It is at the moment Wim but it looks like other large cities will follow on. No more parking in the centre of Bordeaux

I know , it's going to be all over , just pointing out that you don't nescecary need to go in the towns with your Cali .
Take campsite outside townarea and use public transport.

Antwerp starts in february coming , no euro3 allowed in town centre.
Euro4 banned in 2020, euro5 in 2025 , so my 2012 Cali won't even get me to my work in 2025.....

....a place you do not wish to go with your precious Cali either way !

Noooo, the Cali makes a great tour bus, we went around the Arc de Triomphe 5 times last time (and down every little side road) without getting so much as the smallest scratch! We even parked it in a public underground carpark for 2 days without issue.... :eek:

View media item 1292

Last edited:
Nonsense, the Cali makes a great tour bus, we went around the Arc de Triomphe 5 times last time (and down every little side road) without getting so much as the smallest scratch! We even parked it in a public underground carpark for 2 days without issue.... :eek:

View media item 1292

Sorry citytrips to me means no driving involved....

Sorry citytrips to me means no driving involved....
I can understand that, they're bound to get a scratch one day. We've parked in the dead centre of many cities, and it's exactly that ability that makes the Cali so much more attractive than a bigger motorhome, but we'd never take the Cali if public transport was easier.

I think mine is a yellow too.

I've looked on website to buy one but can only find a site that is charging €29. The french site looked a bit complicated.

What's wrong with parking on the outskirts of town and cycling into the centre?
Having your Cali broken into.........

On my extensive 22 country Cali tour I will used to drive to the centre of cities, park and sleep as close to government buildings as possible, where they had armed guards...my own anti burglary deterrent.....!

This sort of vignette thing is a load of nonsense, why do they come with all this cr@p, who is going to police it? just another excuse to pick on foreign motorists!

This sort of vignette thing is a load of nonsense, why do they come with all this cr@p, who is going to police it? just another excuse to pick on foreign motorists!

If you drive from Malpensa on the motorway you have to go through Switzerland. The Vignette is about 40squid for one year but they will not sell you one for one journey. So the Swiss pay 40squid for a year and I have to pay the same for one short journey. I have never bought one in six journeys was stopped once and was happy to pay the 40squid. They do not fine you. When are we going to wake up and charge the French Germans and Swiss for a Vignette for using our roads.

If you drive from Malpensa on the motorway you have to go through Switzerland. The Vignette is about 40squid for one year but they will not sell you one for one journey. So the Swiss pay 40squid for a year and I have to pay the same for one short journey. I have never bought one in six journeys was stopped once and was happy to pay the 40squid. They do not fine you. When are we going to wake up and charge the French Germans and Swiss for a Vignette for using our roads.
Yes we were funnelled into a bay at the border last year to buy one.

After Brexit??? :thumb

Having your Cali broken into.........

On my extensive 22 country Cali tour I will used to drive to the centre of cities, park and sleep as close to government buildings as possible, where they had armed guards...my own anti burglary deterrent.....!
I thought they would tow the Cali away as it may be a threat to security

Fully agree !
Here in Antwerp the entrance border of the emission zone is 100m parralel with a huge traffic ring arround Antwerp witch daily thousends foreign cars and trucks pas on the way THRU Belgium , no vignit or tax required , they are not contributing anything to Belgian economy! Most don't even fill up fuel in Belgium but in Luxemburg Only pollution!
We as citizen pay taxes on earned salaris , tax on everything we buy including our car and fuell . Still they make this extra rules resulting in the fact many people who have a second (Older)car just to get to work in Antwerp now need to buy a new car....parkings outside the border are already full and public transport is oranized like sh@t

I tried to find my Euro rating and had great difficulty. VW sign me to a government portal and none of my figures exactly match the ones there and my registration document doesn't show the Euro rating so i am left guessing at Euro 5 for my year of manufacture.

With a T6 if you have an adblue tank then you are Euro 6 otherwise Euro 5.

Rod

Hello,
I never did a presentation post (will do soon).
I live in Paris, I can tell you about that vignette thing.

first :
who is going to police it?
--> the cameras. French laws now allows a lot (and it will be more and more) infractions to be sanctionned through video surveillance. Passing the traffic lights when it's red, stoping at traffic lights on the cycle signs, not having your insurance vignette under the windshield, not having the "polution rate vignette", stationment on pedestrian passages....
Plus... there is 2 sorts of traffic police in Paris : on that belongs to the city and one that depends on the interior ministry. The mission of first one is going to be changed, as the stationment tickets infractions will be delegated to a private company.
--> sadly most of them will look at video screens :(

sorry for my poor english.

Laurent

Thanks for the info @fido .
Nothing wrong with your englisch , mind you not many on here speak french ...so you are doing great!

Question to any who did applyed online purchase .
I did a simple scan of my registration certificate (two pages , front and backside) but it is 1,5mb and the website says it may not exeed 400kb? How did go with others ...

Edit , seems i get it now !
That paper is yellow and scanned in full color so end up 1,3mb . A other black/white paper scanned the same way is only 175kb .....

Need to scan in again in bl/w i guess...

Last edited:
Question to any who did applyed online purchase .
I did a simple scan of my registration certificate (two pages , front and backside) but it is 1,5mb and the website says it may not exeed 400kb? How did go with others ...

Just checked I took a picture with my iPhone and sent a jpg file. 143KB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks , did scan at my work on a giant industrial Ricoh copier ....:D
Guess i need to downsize.

Edited the post above.