Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fresh air by sleeping with closed roof

Dumè

Dumè

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Fresh air inside during the night when sleeping downstairs with closed roof and rain is not evident.
The cheap home made solution ...
Luifeltje 1.jpg Luifeltje 2.jpg Luifeltje bevestiging.jpg

Thanks for this. I think we should have a DIY useful accesories topic as a permanent addition.

There are many scattered examples of great projects in the forum, and many of us that are interested in making our own accesories.

A recent ladder post, and home made awning sides are good examples, but there are many others. I don’t think it is a threat to the club shop, as the non-DIY inclined will still want to purchase ready made things, Many of us may also be outside the economical shipping range.

That’s right, but actually the DIY topic is missing...

Right. I am a member of a FabLab where I live [maybe Google that] and can 3D print, laser cut, or CNC mill out many new ideas. I made the suggestion for the DIY topic in the support forum.

I made one out of Correx. The stuff real estate agents use for ads. It stores under the mattress in the back.
I used a magnet instead of sucker. If its wet and windy then its a bit tricky sucker slides and cover needs to be well secured.

Looks great if in an area where you have no concerns re security. I use the Brandrup screen which although pricey is well worth the investment and no concerns when raining.upload_2017-11-12_15-9-24.jpeg