Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fresh water indicator

nickdrums

nickdrums

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi there,

When I was preparing for winter this year, I tried to follow some advice about disconnecting the power to the fresh water pump to allow a complete drain, as this seemed easier than taking the fuse out. I found a connector sitting on top of the water tank - a bit tricky to reach, but not too bad. I pulled it apart, but as it turned out, this was not the pump electrical supply, so the pump carried on running. Since I have done this, the fresh water tank "fullness" indicator on the main control panel is now showing the Full symbol (3 lines), but it is flashing, so I expect that this is showing a tank sensor issue. I've tried having another fiddle with the connector above the tank, but no improvement - I'm pretty sure it is re-connected as it originally was. Any ideas?

As a supplementary question, I did wonder whether one of the isolator / trip switches in the rear cupboard might switch off power to the water pump which would be super easy - does anyone know?

Nick.

Hi there,

When I was preparing for winter this year, I tried to follow some advice about disconnecting the power to the fresh water pump to allow a complete drain, as this seemed easier than taking the fuse out. I found a connector sitting on top of the water tank - a bit tricky to reach, but not too bad. I pulled it apart, but as it turned out, this was not the pump electrical supply, so the pump carried on running. Since I have done this, the fresh water tank "fullness" indicator on the main control panel is now showing the Full symbol (3 lines), but it is flashing, so I expect that this is showing a tank sensor issue. I've tried having another fiddle with the connector above the tank, but no improvement - I'm pretty sure it is re-connected as it originally was. Any ideas?

As a supplementary question, I did wonder whether one of the isolator / trip switches in the rear cupboard might switch off power to the water pump which would be super easy - does anyone know?

Nick.
The only way to Disconnect the the power to the water pump is:
1. Remove the the relevant fuse, as stated in the Handbook.
2. Unplug the power connection to the Water tap, located under the sink.

Have you switched Off the Control Panel using the L lower button?

Or you could try this.......

Hi there,

Nick.
the rcd in the cupboard is for the 240 supply protection when on hook up. its a double pole breaker and breaks both the live AND neutral side of the circuit when plugged in. this protects against reverse polarity. the water pump runs off the leisure batteries so you need to pull the fuse or attempt what you first tried to do in the wardrobe. I find some long nosed pliers gets the fuse out easily enough. try turning your panel off and on again to reset your water level sensor

The only way to Disconnect the the power to the water pump is:
1. Remove the the relevant fuse, as stated in the Handbook.
2. Unplug the power connection to the Water tap, located under the sink.

Have you switched Off the Control Panel using the L lower button?
I had not tried switching off the panel, but now I have and it works perfectly. You are a genius, thank you!

Or you could try this.......

That is a cool idea - good thinking.

Back