Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fresh water tank level sensor problems

I

IanB

Hi all,
The fresh water level indicator on the main control panel was showing 2 out of the three bars when the tank was empty. Took it to my local VW van centre who replaced the sensor. However when I got my Cali home and checked the control panel I found that it was showing three bars and the indicator was flashing. Tried to cure this by pressing the reset button (bottom right on the control panel) for 5 seconds but this made no difference, I then pressed the main on/off switch (bottom left) and this stopped the flashing but I now have 2 bars again. I've referred it back to the VW van centre I'm using but they aren't much used to working on Calis. Is there something else that needs resetting?

My water gauge was faulty. Replaced under warranty and still works poorly. They are just crap unfortunately, and presumably sourced from a supplier that is 1 pence cheaper than the second cheapest supplier.

Thanks for the replies. However, I appear to have got the system working now. Having got to the point described in my original post I filled the water tank and found that the indicator now showed three bars. I then un plugged the electrical connector at the tank causing the indicator to flash. I reconnected the electrics, the indicator continued to flash until I pressed the bottom right button on the control panel for 5 seconds. It was still showing three bars. I then emptied the tank and, lo and behold, the indicator showed empty. I've refilled and emptied the tank and the indicator changed accordingly. Success! For now at least. Hope others find this helpful.
IanB

When you emptied the tank did you do it by the tap at the sink and into the waste tank, and if so did your waste tank show full on the centre panel?

My waste tank had never shown anything despite visits to the dealer

Hi
I emptied the tank using the lever on it so no effect on the waste tank. You could try following a similar procedure as I did except on the waste tank?

IanB

I have the same problem on the freshwater tank and tried your methodology but unfortunately didn't work for me, did anyone actually unscrew the float device from the tank and do anything, I cant seem to manage it, fingers aren't strong enough???

Back