Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge & aux heater tripping

J

Jasper25

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread & covered elsewhwhere, which I haven’t been able to find…
Have a 2012 T5 Cali, recent problem with both auxiliary heater and or fridge tripping off within seconds when parked up with engine off. Control panel battery status showing 70 percent battery & 10.6V ?
Done the Vw diagnosis check on the panel which shows ‘no errors’.
When I turn the engine on both heater & fridge work fine. Am I being stupid & missing something obvious?
Thanks in advance!

10.6V is a dead battery I would have said. Ignoring the 70%, the voltage is the better indicator

1654780182690.png

10.6V is a dead battery I would have said. Ignoring the 70%, the voltage is the better indicator

View attachment 94242
Aha, many thanks, was more focused on the percentage than the voltage. At just over 9 yrs old it’s lasted well. Time for a new one. Thanks for the informative reply, just glad it was nothing more serious.

Aha, many thanks, was more focused on the percentage than the voltage. At just over 9 yrs old it’s lasted well. Time for a new one. Thanks for the informative reply, just glad it was nothing more serious.
I am not an expert. I have looped in @Loz for his advice. I guess you should establish if the charger is working on hook-up first?

I am not an expert. I have looped in @Loz for his advice. I guess you should establish if the charger is working on hook-up first?
Thanks, I’ll do just that. Away until the weekend off grid hence discovering my complacency with the battery. . Thanks for the advice.

There are 2 Leisure Batteries, one under the front passenger seat, RHD, and one in the base of the rear wardrobe accessed via a door in the wardrobe base. They are wired in parallel.
On the rear leisure battery there is a 50amp cube fuse on the red +tve pole. If that blows you are running on 1 leisure battery instead of 2.

Both Batteries should be replaced and like for like replacements are Varta LA80.

That’s great, many thanks for the informative replies. On ‘Shell Island’ Gwynedd, until tomorrow evening (no hook up etc) . Wil follow your recommended advice over the weekend, many thanks folks (& report back)

There are 2 Leisure Batteries, one under the front passenger seat, RHD, and one in the base of the rear wardrobe accessed via a door in the wardrobe base. They are wired in parallel.
On the rear leisure battery there is a 50amp cube fuse on the red +tve pole. If that blows you are running on 1 leisure battery instead of 2.

Both Batteries should be replaced and like for like replacements are Varta LA80.
Thank you, weekend sorted!

Back