Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge filters

Simon67

Simon67

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Whilst sorting out a new leisure battery, I thought I'd have a root around under the fridge. One thing leads to another do ended up removing the fridge intake cover and popping out the 2 air filters. Looks like they have never been changed - all falling apart and filthy. Just got to source some replacement material from eBay. Definitely worth checking yours out as it can't be good for fridge performance if the filters are knackered.
76478e8bcbc2593882b2432435a16dae.jpg
9966acdfe25fe432fea89abea5ec5927.jpg
d428e7c930b3a3eaa3e28c9077b1359d.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hi simon67

OK...you've certainly got my attention. I doubt anyone's looked at mine since it left the factory 2002!

I have removed the leisure battery cover before and presume I need to remove the one forward of it, the cover with the vent?

Can I do this with the seat/bed box in?

Please let me know if you succeed in sourcing replacement filters.

Cheers

Zennorboy

Hi simon67

OK...you've certainly got my attention. I doubt anyone's looked at mine since it left the factory 2002!

I have removed the leisure battery cover before and presume I need to remove the one forward of it, the cover with the vent?

Can I do this with the seat/bed box in?

Please let me know if you succeed in sourcing replacement filters.

Cheers

Zennorboy
You don't need to open the panel under the fridge at all; I just did it to have a look and Hoover off the fluff from the battery charger. Crawl under the van and you will see a box section intake which is facing away from you. It is secured with 2 long bolts that pass through it. You need to remove it to reach one of the filters.

Just off to the local fish/pet shop to find some coarse filter foam.

Good luck.

Thanks for your quick response and information.

I'll nip underneath and have a look as soon at it stops raining. Think I'll have that vent off and do bit of hoovering myself in there. Not thought of doing that, so thanks again.

Guess I'd better start looking for my local 'fish shop' also.

Z

Tenner says the white 'tumble drier' type hose that runs between that filter tube and the bottom of the fridge has popped off. Good luck getting it back on.

It seems the later models did away with through floor venting and cooling fans.

I didn't bother replacing the foam on my van. You could just stuff in a couple of those metal pan scrubs in the tube if you can find a foam replacement.

I took one off to have a look inside; went back easily enough but I wouldn't like to replace the back one! Just ordered some replacement foam from eBay - fish pond filter material

I took mine out and gave them a good wash last year when my fridge packed in. I thought it might have been a blockage in those vents but it wasnt. I just put the old ones back in once they were dry. They were proper minging though!

Untitled by Matt Wilde, on Flickr

Back