Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge for Beach

http://www.mps-trading.co.uk/

Some good deals on CFX range at the moment!

We bought our CFX40 from them, turned out they were only 10minutes down the road from us so we went and collected it. Nice couple running a fairly small operation out of a very nice converted barn at the back of the house. They have a land rover parts business as well.
Very happy with the fridge, worked faultlessly in v. hot weather in France this year. Expensive but worth it in my opinion if you value cold drinks and fresh food.

We have the same problem- 12v coolbox has come to the end of its life. Looking at something more substantial. Thinking About the dometic.

Anyone with thoughts or experience of mounting a fridge to the top of the multiflex?

Idea is to have a Waeco CFX35 or alternative on the multiflex with Slidepod below.

Will move the fridge to behind the front seats when we camp (and leave the 2 additional seats at home).

Anyone with thoughts or experience of mounting a fridge to the top of the multiflex?

Idea is to have a Waeco CFX35 or alternative on the multiflex with Slidepod below.

Will move the fridge to behind the front seats when we camp (and leave the 2 additional seats at home).
I put my on the multiplex board. I use a strap to hold it down. Worked well on a 2,000 mile French trip in October

Fitted ours at the side:

img_3624-jpg.15558

Fitted ours at the side:

img_3624-jpg.15558
Thanks but we have a 3 seat bench (and 2 additional single seats). Current thought is to go for a Waeco CFX28 because a "quick release" mounting plate is available which I could fix to the top of the multiflex. The plate should be ok under the mattress when we remove the fridge to sleep.

I have a CFC 28 - seems a good fridge but still quite new for definite verdict. I keep it strapped down via it's handles behind the front seats. I would be tempted to strap it down rather that the plate to avoid the bump in the bed if on the multiflex. The handles are very strong and it's going nowhere when strapped down.

I have a CFC 28 - seems a good fridge but still quite new for definite verdict. I keep it strapped down via it's handles behind the front seats. I would be tempted to strap it down rather that the plate to avoid the bump in the bed if on the multiflex. The handles are very strong and it's going nowhere when strapped down.
I'd be happy to strap down using the handles but for the fact that it would restrict the location and orientation of the fridge

20161212_151201.jpg

Waeco CFX 28 on quick-release mounting plate CFX-QFK.
Perfect size for 3 seat multiflex as can be used in either position.
Don't envisage problem when sleeping as plate is low profile (max 26mm) so should sit OK under mattress

View attachment 18080

Waeco CFX 28 on quick-release mounting plate CFX-QFK.
Perfect size for 3 seat multiflex as can be used in either position.
Don't envisage problem when sleeping as plate is low profile (max 26mm) so should sit OK under mattress
Can now confirm after several uses that you can't tell that the mounting plate is under the mattress when sleeping

Back