Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge in storage box?

Salty

Salty

Salty
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
hi, I don't know the dimensions of the storage box in the 2 seater beach, because we're not going to take delivery for a while yet, but is there a small compressor fridge that is small enough to live inside?

You can make holes for the ventilation but I don't think it will be practical still.
We use the storage box for infrequent things in order to have extra boxes over the storage one.
Got textile ikea box over it and a cooling bag for extra food when main fridge is used as a freezer.
If I recall right it is just 32cm wide and 31 high. Can make measures for you.
our 52L fridge sits over the storage box perfectly, allowing to open the storage box.

Hello Guys
Newbiw Beach owner here, I'd love to see a pic of your fridge solutions if you have one? Just begining my journey and have a lot to learn!

ZHRiDqiwvB3tvZSUufDADLZmiSYrK64CI6FUI7PDuuN66jWeATS5ziJp8On1buRBtI6ZhWNmLHwqwT4guhJrd-d_UI_NV87aMkgccLa7NQIh-LwA0Vc6lRefZY9g0t1Pp2yvJh2-oWMyDmA1naF2qyePxaKE6w6Dz9O3-L5oQU0cK_VMq6mbdsFX4xRgdBUBokCxl4rKEA10VNFlffxQmt1tAs1xYnzGtujkzSJF7wkN0vAkQQDnhORhS0epqYSTg1aIiQdBr-yJ_QWe1SvPyWZ7DW8W5eI2xNSPb0f1rzML9Ehf7nc5YO6YipVXK-j7-5uY_xVia76yBwUJG-b5bxfLH9CNyL-vpwJMg5BZWS1WD_6i0MKqeGuKWhWpJXUQK2wUIs9GvkBKrkcCcUv_FjXTJF4wJxCxycNF02n1puGi0XA7veaGSMb34gJM4b0zBf-TLYEKqHhC0nG2lYIr6bXO-lnWfymVv9U3An78D07SOg9LnbDi2baJzB8Sos8JcJDuFkCZ2bx92gQplXWs3GNbomqRcHqWmuN2b6dbDNHCP1OWGD9rkMflwOeiawrGlalytEBmyWzPU2-XvY9Y2o8OF1qF34OwEh1KlMBA=w512

Nice - Thanks for posting Sp0_0k.
I love the extra ceiling storage, great idea, and it looks like you have another cosy fitting box on the floor there too... is that something else worth copying ?

We have tried it everywhere in the van, but now prefer it in the trunk out of the way.

D24D8F19-D2B6-4BA2-B6C3-D6519EAA1978.jpeg 7D56D878-859C-4B0E-B0C4-E175C130689F.jpeg

Hello Guys
Newbiw Beach owner here, I'd love to see a pic of your fridge solutions if you have one? Just begining my journey and have a lot to learn!
01550bf2dc3f2a1f6a8a733c6a0bf15b.jpg

We strap ours behind the front passenger seat. It is accessible by the front passenger, and when the bed is made up. To maximise boot space, the 3 seat bench is in the right position to make the lower bed.

We have a compact folding pushchair between the fridge and the front passenger seat, and that needs removing to swivel the front passenger seat.
bd74a23c1e8e2c8e0a0c838532df4473.jpg

This works well because our children are in child seats and require little leg room.

The table can be installed above the fridge, but access to the fridge is then limited.
4326714a9939ccfcc9bd3bb1b2809156.jpg

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Last edited:
Where does your holiday clothes/luggage go?

Lol
Next to the fridge. I can fit 2 soft cases in the space that’s left.
Although, I am thinking about the window bags. It’s just the price that puts me off.

I used to have the fridge where Amarillo puts his. But found it in the way of the side storage, furthest draw under the seat and finally the chair when swivelled.

That’s another trick worth figuring out what Amarillo said. Work out where the bed folds out and leave the chair in that position.
I once pulled the seat forward to give me massive boots space for a load of kit we took on a trip, then realised I couldn’t move the seat far enough back to make the bed.
Schoolboy error ;)

That’s another trick worth figuring out what Amarillo said. Work out where the bed folds out and leave the chair in that position.
I once pulled the seat forward to give me massive boots space for a load of kit we took on a trip, then realised I couldn’t move the seat far enough back to make the bed.
Schoolboy error ;)
I did a big reconfiguration of the packing of our van when we returned to the UK for four weeks from the end of August.

I think of the boot space in four sections:
1. Behind the bench, forward of the multiflex and below the made up bed.
2. Behind the bench, forward of the multiflex and above the made up bed.
3. Below the multiflex.
4. Above the multiflex.

Section 2 contains the mattress, bedding and bags of fleeces, waterproofs, swimming things and wash bags.

Section 4 contains the tent awning, safari room panels, cadac and children's table and chairs.

Only Section 4 needs to come out of the van overnight to make the lower bed - in practice more comes out.

Lol
Next to the fridge. I can fit 2 soft cases in the space that’s left.
Although, I am thinking about the window bags. It’s just the price that puts me off.

I used to have the fridge where Amarillo puts his. But found it in the way of the side storage, furthest draw under the seat and finally the chair when swivelled.
Don't consider the full price of the window bags: consider the difference between the new Costco and resale value. If I were minded to, I could probably sell mine for 2/3 of the purchase price giving a marginal cost of ~100 Euros.

Of course it will make a big difference if you have the storage chest.

Here's a pic of the third draw:
7ee942773fc1a90295047f5ad08c83c8.jpg

It won't come right out with the fridge in place, but contents are accessible.

Back