Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge Latch Not Working

X4 VWC

X4 VWC

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Second minor issue with a new T6 Ocean, the fridge latch doesn't close properly most of the time. It seems to get a little stuck and not want to come out / engage fully when the lid is down, so it takes a few attempts to close the fridge. Has anybody seen this before and found a fix? Dealer has offered to sort it out but would be nice to avoid a long drive.

Second minor issue with a new T6 Ocean, the fridge latch doesn't close properly most of the time. It seems to get a little stuck and not want to come out / engage fully when the lid is down, so it takes a few attempts to close the fridge. Has anybody seen this before and found a fix? Dealer has offered to sort it out but would be nice to avoid a long drive.
On mine I had a similar problem but it is basically due to it being new. Close lid and press firmly over the catch until it pops out. You can gently rub the leading edge of the pop out clip with a nail file emery board if you wish.

Thank you, WelshGas. I'll try that!

Mine and Mike's is the same (@t6cfo) a gentle push over the handle makes it click into place. I'm not doing anything to fix yet as it might very well settle of its own accord once it gets bedded in, I'd suggest leaving it for now if it does not bed in to you liking then do something about it?

...message ends...

If you remove the 2 x small round rubber thingies under the front of the lid it closes normally and without any pressure. It doesn't rattle either.....if you're wondering :-D

Back