Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge not working

P

pjor

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hoping someone might be able to offer some help with the following:
I have a 2008 T5 Cali and recently the fridge went on the blink.
Basically, when I switch fridge on at control unit, light comes on and I hear it switch on but straightaway it switches itself off and light goes off.
I have taken it to a local mechanic who does conversions and he was able to hook up a laptop with VW software and brought up the following 2 faults:
Refrigerator pressure too low (does this suggest compressor issue?)
Air pressure sensor fault
He's pretty busy at the moment and can't investigate further for at least a month (and he didn't seem over keen - doesn't do much work on Calis and didn't have any immediate quick fix)
Have been reading through the many threads relating to topic of fridge faults and have done following:
Checked fuse under passenger seat - fine
Checked diagnostics on control unit - only shows fault code 5001 - issue with water tank sensor which I already knew about.
Control unit shows leisure battery charge at 12.7 V and van hasn't been driven for a week (50% charge showing) - does this suggest unlikely to be fault with leisure battery?
Is next step to try to remove the Danfoss controller? If so, any advice on how best to do this would be much appreciated.
Or is there something else I should be doing before removing controller?

Could be the 2 errors are related to the pressure switch.

I'd look to swap out the sensor. Check wiring etc before you buy replacement.

Thanks for your reply Alan
Where is the air pressure sensor located?

I guess within the envelope of the fridge unit.

The error that say Fridge Pressure Too Low suggests it is the refrigerant system. So I guess the pressure switch is integral to the refrigerant piping/compressor.

There is a T5 Technical manual within the Media section of this group, which will give you clues as to how to get to it, but you need VIP access.

You will need to find out the manufacturer and model of the refrigerator installed. There should be a manufacturers plate on the unit. Once you have these details then you can do a wider search to discover the switch location and part number etc.

Back