Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

From tent to caravan to Cali!

Redders73

Redders73

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
Two of us started in a tent. We then bought a caravan. Three children later our small caravan was not working so we went back to the tent.

Our girls are now 5, 6, and 8. We wanted something for everyday use, weekends away and longer trips too.

So now we have our 2018 T6 Cali Beach. The moveable 3 seat rear bench seat works well for the everyday and longer trips away.

Was glad to see it came with 12v socket in the rear - but I can't fit our fridges 12v socket to it coz the screw at the base of the multi-flex storage unit is in the way. Am I being daft and missing something?
Hoping someone maybe able to help or advise.
Ta Steve

Hi
Two of us started in a tent. We then bought a caravan. Three children later our small caravan was not working so we went back to the tent.

Our girls are now 5, 6, and 8. We wanted something for everyday use, weekends away and longer trips too.

So now we have our 2018 T6 Cali Beach. The moveable 3 seat rear bench seat works well for the everyday and longer trips away.

Was glad to see it came with 12v socket in the rear - but I can't fit our fridges 12v socket to it coz the screw at the base of the multi-flex storage unit is in the way. Am I being daft and missing something?
Hoping someone maybe able to help or advise.
Ta Steve
You can get R angle 12v plugs or an extension lead.

:welcome Welcome Steve, you'll get lots of info on here and pics of your Cali are always welcomed.

thanks - investigated R angle 12v plugs then after another look in the van realised you can move the multi-flex storage back and forth on the runners. So a quick unscrew, move back 20mm to clear the socket.and problem solved. It also explained why the securing eyes on the floor were not accessible. They are now.

realised you can move the multi-flex storage back and forth on the runners.

Always good when you spot the ways to beat VW's design quirks.

Enjoy your Beach, possibly the best family vehicle out there.

thanks - investigated R angle 12v plugs then after another look in the van realised you can move the multi-flex storage back and forth on the runners. So a quick unscrew, move back 20mm to clear the socket.and problem solved. It also explained why the securing eyes on the floor were not accessible. They are now.

We used to shift the MFB forwards slightly (then slide back after plugging in), but discovered recently that there is enough wiggle room to get the plug in if you just fully unscrew the MFB knob on the socket side & then do it back up again after plugging the fridge in.

Back