Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front drain holes

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Noticed a damp patch on the trim above the passenger door after a rough rainstorm in France a few days ago. Sure enough the water was gathering in the gutter and the drain hole blocked.
Just wondering how people with the same problem have cleared it. I tried some cable initially but there must be a tight bend in the drain tube. Tried various other bits of wire but worried in case it either pushed the tube off or punctured it.

Eventually I blew it out with my airline which did the trick. I'm going to make sure to do it every few months as it's obviously prone to get clogged especially this time of year with leaves etc blowing around.
Not impressed with the sealing of the cable and hydraulic tube, looks a right bodge.

Blimey! I thought I was looking at a melted cable.

That kit looks rare indeed , mine looks much smoother here....
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/cali-technical-tips-tricks.9457/
Did you ever had repair done on your hydrolic pipes? Think thats what they are.

Not that this effects the drainhole , think blow in it with air pressure is best .
Most important to just check the channels arround the roof everytime before closure and remove leaves and dirt.

I am experiencing water build up between the folded canvas, whilst roof is shut. Only after heavy rain storms. No leak into canvass when roof open. I am thinking that this is the same issue of drain plugging. Anyone with similar experience? It's going back to VW (still have warranty), but was looking for any other leads you guys may have. See attached pictures of impact - look at the pool in the passenger seat!IMG_3168.JPG IMG_3189.JPG IMG_3190.JPG IMG_3197.JPG IMG_3198.JPG IMG_3201.JPG IMG_3168.JPG IMG_3189.JPG IMG_3190.JPG IMG_3197.JPG IMG_3198.JPG IMG_3201.JPG IMG_3168.JPG IMG_3189.JPG IMG_3190.JPG IMG_3197.JPG IMG_3198.JPG IMG_3201.JPG

The Rear Drain holes can be easily cleared with thin wire or a pipe cleaner.
The Front one is much longer and has a 90o bend so using compressed air is better. You can get cans of compressed gas, on eBay, used for cleaning out computer cases.

Noticed this morning that water was building up and not draining away through one of the front roof drain holes.
Tried a short length of strimmer wire no luck.
Searched forums to find that there is a 90 degree bend !
Use an invertible air duster to clean my pc keyboard tried that and it worked a treat
Basically a spray can full of compressed air with a small flexible pipe
Drains now running clear
Well happy
Dave and Lisa

Noticed a damp patch on the trim above the passenger door after a rough rainstorm in France a few days ago. Sure enough the water was gathering in the gutter and the drain hole blocked.
Just wondering how people with the same problem have cleared it. I tried some cable initially but there must be a tight bend in the drain tube. Tried various other bits of wire but worried in case it either pushed the tube off or punctured it.

Eventually I blew it out with my airline which did the trick. I'm going to make sure to do it every few months as it's obviously prone to get clogged especially this time of year with leaves etc blowing around.
Not impressed with the sealing of the cable and hydraulic tube, looks a right bodge.
And I thought this thread was another about number ones!

Back