Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front floor mats included?

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I'll be picking up my new Cali shortly. The dealer said they don't come with mats, but looking at the Cali snag list in the VIP area it says 2x floormats should be included.

Anyone let me know if they got mats as standard (without pre-agreeing with the dealer)

Two carpet mats are included in the Ocean spec, sorry if it's a Beach I'm not sure

It's an Ocean, Thanks!

Yep, 2 x cab mats included, same colour as the carpet.

I do wonder why they are supplied would much rather have a rubber mat supplied a light colour over mat as supplied is as useful as the original cab light coloured fitted mat.

Have you asked for front rubber mats to be fitted?

When we picked up our new SE in 2015, the dealer had fitted rubber mats as instructed and retained the original carpet mats that are supplied with the vehicle. They did tell me what they had done but assumed that we wouldn't want them as well because they had become surplus to requirements. I told the salesman that I wanted to retain them not only because we had paid for them but also because I would refit them when we eventually sell the vehicle.

They definitely come supplied with the vehicle.

I do wonder why they are supplied would much rather have a rubber mat supplied a light colour over mat as supplied is as useful as the original cab light coloured fitted mat.
I reckon the whole floor in the front should be the same as the very sensible hard flooring in the back. Shame you can't spec it that way.

Agreed - though clearly very subjective. For me I'd like to see a bigger distinction with two options for either a luxe Jag / E-Class spec and a more spartan Renault Kangoo spec with hardwearing everything.

My Beach came with the hilariously pale Moonrock carpet & trim & obvs no front mats, so I had temporary lino down the next morning & rubber monster mats fitted sharpish as my first purchase closely followed by a black carpet in the mid & rear. The gearbox tunnel mound carpet is still exposed & now grubby.

Target market being outdoor-types / sports / kids / dogs I think something bullet proof on the floor (to which one can layer-on comfort to taste) would be much more sensible. I shall add @OCCALI to my fledgling VW lobbying group with co-founder @Max-Felix to demand a shagged-out Mk1 Renault Espace tribute Special Edition. Total market size = 3 units ... :thumb

I always ask for free mats on the day of handover. It's peanuts for the dealer and they want to make sure that I'm 'extremely satisfied' as a customer before the VW phone call customer survey. No dealer has ever struggled to
find mats. Got some OEM VW heavy duty rubber mats for my beach. Just the ticket.

I'll be picking up my new Cali shortly. The dealer said they don't come with mats, but looking at the Cali snag list in the VIP area it says 2x floormats should be included.

Anyone let me know if they got mats as standard (without pre-agreeing with the dealer)
Usually vehicles don't arrive at the dealer with mats, but we always put mats in vehicles standard

Back