Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front right seat creaking noises

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Our right seat has some annoying creaking noises. Can hear them a lot during driving.
Even if try to wiggle in it when car isn't driving the noises are pretty loud.
Should this be fixed as part of a warranty?

Our right seat has some annoying creaking noises. Can hear them a lot during driving.
Even if try to wiggle in it when car isn't driving the noises are pretty loud.
Should this be fixed as part of a warranty?
I would have thought yes, but they will probably employ a good blast of Silicone Spray first.:thumb

Well they didn't fix it. And this isn't covered by warranty.
Will have to resolve it myself. My 1st welcome to VW world :)

I had a squeak/creak on my drivers seat when I first got it. After a lot of investigation it turned out to be the wire frame embedded within the seat squab foam. The frame is made with 4 bits of wire that have hooks bent into them. The wires were rubbing together causing the creak. Solved with some tiny bits of felt tape wrapped round where the wires touch. To get at the wires the seat had to come out, fair bit of trim removed and the fabric un-pealed from the foam. Not a very difficult job but quite involved and worrying to do on a (then) new vehicle.
I could reproduce the noise by just pushing hard on the seat base with my hand.

Can you possibly make a photo of that place?
I'm going to record a video of that annoying sound to make sure it is same. But driver's left seat is fine, I didn't rotate it once yet though.

Mine was unrelated to the swivel mechanism. It squeaked regardless of which way the seat was pointing or positioned on the slide.

On this exploded diagram.
http://www.partsbase.org/vw/campmob-typ2-transp-lt-camp-eu-2012-88105-seat-in-cab/

it was part 55. There are 2 longitudinal and 2 transverse wires, (only 1 of the longitudinal ones is shown in the diagram) the hook at the end was rubbing.
Will take a photo as well if it helps but the wires are hidden deep in the foam and only visible with the fabric un-pealed .

My sound seems to go from underneath the seat. And you can hear it more when making more pressure on the seat back. Well it will be a long quest :)
But thanks a lot for info I will make sure to check it.

On a previous Vw Kombi T5 I took both the seats out and put them upside down outside on the driveway and carefully applied WD40 to all the points where metal touched metal among all the springs and rods inside the cushions this cured all the squeaks and creaks permanently.

Had same thought on that ;)
Need to figure out how to disassemble the seats though.

Back