Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front roof seal

Lloydfred

Lloydfred

2010 2.0 140ps California SE Fresco Green
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all,

I removed my roof seal for cleaning and inspection today. It was fairly dirty within the seal, so I did the best I could with a toothbrush and squeeze bottle. But I was wondering if you can remove the seal from the front of the roof as wel? Maybe stick it in the bath and get it nice and clean. Also is it worth waxing the edge of the roof before you replace the seal.?

the roofseal has never been glued/kitted from the factory only some reports of seal being kitted after a roof corrosion repair but not on all.

It's good you take the effort of cleaning under and in the seal , but do be aware ....one trip in the rain and dirt/moist is back in there.
I pull of my seal to clean once a while when cleaning the Cali but never took off the whole seal to give it a bath

Had mine completely off last year and it was challenging to get it back on again. From what I recall it was difficult to get the front section to sit properly. In the end I got if good enough to close and leaving it overnight sorted it.

Mike

Back