Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front spoiler fit

Brindisi

Brindisi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Have just had the VW front spoiler fitted on my 2014 T5 at my local dealership. The colour match wasn't great so I asked them to do it again. What I also noticed was a tiny gap on the sides where the spoiler meets the bodywork near the wheel arches. It was on both sides and probably no more than a couple of millimetres in width and something like a couple of centimetres in length. When I queried this I was told it was how they normally fitted but they could try and bond this last bit. It is bolted and bonded as per usual along the the rest of its length but clearly not so on this last bit. I don't have any pics but wondered if folks with ones fitted could check their's?

Yes saw that thanks James, it was from there I got the tip about the tow eye extension.
The gap us very small and as I said only at the ends so maybe just being a bit nit picking. Will fill you in on some other issues though (has turned into a bit of a mare).

Hello all. We're can I find a sport line front spoiler and does it detract from the
Originality which could effect the value or is it an enhancement? I've got a black Cali and quite fancy the look particularly with the day time running lights added. Any advice would be welcome.
Langer

It would put me off. Whilst it might look good I want as much ground clearance as possible. Also if it's a newish vehicle I'd want to know that any modifications had been carried out by a VW dealer.

Yes saw that thanks James, it was from there I got the tip about the tow eye extension.
The gap us very small and as I said only at the ends so maybe just being a bit nit picking. Will fill you in on some other issues though (has turned into a bit of a mare).
Hiya
That's how they fit, I ordered mine from vw,it was supplied pre painted in candy white.. I fitted it myself, I couldn't get the gaps perfect,that's quite annoying for the price of them ,the colour wasn't perfect either but after driving down to vw van center to see if there was any sat in the car park I realised there all a crap fit !!!
mine was actually better than most!!
when it's been on a while it stops bothering you.

Back