Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front window ventilation

N

nickstjt

VIP Member
Hi,
As both a newbie cali owner (1 month) and a newbie dog owner (3 months) I was looking for something to allow me to provide ventilation in the van but keeping it secure and rain-tight. I could just leave the front windows open a few inches, or side windows open to the first notch, but I was hoping for something a bit better.

I see Brandrup do a product "Ventilation for cabin windows VW T5" but they are pretty expensive. Anyone have experience of this or similar products? The ventilation looks pretty restricted. Maybe a rain-deflector might be better? Brandrup do a vent for the sliding window but only the T4. How hard do you think it would be to break in if I left the slliding window open to the first notch?
Thanks,
--Nick

There is a lock for the rear door that lets you leave it slightly open while still locked.

Found it in a Brandrup accessory guide 2011

AIR-SAFE tailgate hook
Stainless steel hook to allow air circulation without
compromising the vehicle’s security.
RRP inc VAT £18.75
7H5069680

Yes, that looks a good option - thanks! Much cheaper and I expect it would give much more ventilation.
Thanks,
--Nick

I had dubflecta's on my t25 and got on my caddy ... I brought a fair few for other people and they are good German quality :)

I have VW standard wind deflectors which are ideal for leaving the windows slightly open at night.

Back