Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessories For Sale FS or Swap: Genuine VW Bike Rack T6/T6.1 new style (Want T5 style for T6)

C

Chainline

VIP Member
I'm selling, although ideally I'd like to swap, my VW T6/T6.1 bike rack.

It has been used twice so far and is essentially as new. Bought new from Campervantastic, One of the chocks broke, I'm going to replace that.

I'd like to swop to the old style T5 track but I have a T6 Beach so it has to be the T5 style for T6. The reason for sale is that it doesn't my bikes as well as the old version. I am a keen mountain biker and designed and ride a very very long bike called the Geometron. This bike benefits from being clamped on the seat post/seat tube and I struggle with the available width of the new rack the slide action of the chocks, I need to clamp firmly my wheels to kind to lock it all on effectively.
Similarly on my Gravel bikes the shape of the tubes on my bikes is not ideal with the clamp system andI do rely more on the wheel clamp and channel.

The rack is fine for most applications but I am a bit odd so whilst I prefer the look of the new rack, the functionality of the old one wins out despite the prone to rust clamp wheels. I know this as on my old 2010 Ocean I had the old version for 9 years and I didn't think I'd have this issue with the new one!

Priced at £430 with the new chock. Preferably picked up from Hinckley, Leicestershire or delivered for a fuel contribution within an hour's journey. If further contact me to discuss options.

I should have also said or nearest offer really. So, £430 or nearest (if any) offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have also said or nearest offer really. So, £430 or nearest (if any) offer
emoji4.png

hi chainline i have a t5 style to fit a t6 with it loaded i reversed into a lamp post the top of the fold down part of got damaged other wise its fine my mobile no 07774491150 if you can text whats-app i can send you a photo will sell if we could agree a price thanks