Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuel shortages France

J

JGov

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi, I’ve just planned a quite impulsive surftrip next wednesday (Belgium -> Biarritz region) but I’m very tight on time.
Anybody with real-time info in France concerning the fuel shortages caused by the strike?

I can drive a full tank up to Bordeaux, as long as I can fill up in the Landes region I’ll be able to get back. But looking at the news, things seem to be getting worse daily.

Hi, I’ve just planned a quite impulsive surftrip next wednesday (Belgium -> Biarritz region) but I’m very tight on time.
Anybody with real-time info in France concerning the fuel shortages caused by the strike?

I can drive a full tank up to Bordeaux, as long as I can fill up in the Landes region I’ll be able to get back. But looking at the news, things seem to be getting worse daily.

The Spanish border isn’t far from Biarritz, and diesel is cheaper in Spain, so refuel over the border, and drive back to Belgium at 50mph if the shortages are really bad.

Cheaper fuel in France at the moment -1,70€ compared to 2,05
with us.
I haven't heard of any shortages though.
If it was me, I would drive almost half way there and see if I could fill up, if I couldn't
then I would head back home and do some couch surfing :D

Just driven north into Netherlands from Nancy in France today. This is a continuation of a trip started in Languedoc on Friday and up through the Massif Central yesterday. There’s no apparent shortages in these areas and the east, other than many of the Total garages who are really undercutting regular prices and have nothing to offer. I filled up in the south, topped up in Clermont and still have 2/3 of a tank full.

I can’t speak for the Bordeaux area other than my French friend’s advice that the north has been worst hit - areas like Le Havre - but if you head east seems to be ok.

It is not too bad, it looks like all total gas stations are closed but there is fuel to be had elsewhere,l have seen small queue's traveling from south to north last few days.inter marche have fuel .Go for it

Tomorrow travelling back to Eurotunnel from Peniche, could be interesting!!

Cheaper fuel in France at the moment -1,70€ compared to 2,05
with us.
I haven't heard of any shortages though.
If it was me, I would drive almost half way there and see if I could fill up, if I couldn't
then I would head back home and do some couch surfing :D
Currently traveling around Spain at the moment varies between 2,01 and 2,10 for the good stuff

French Government has ordered workers to return to work as deemed Nationally critical function.

Time will tell if that sorts the issue.

6am yesterday set off from Chartres via Rouen to Eurotunnel, half midnight back up in Northumberland. Throughout the journey in France, the queues for fuel got longer with the yellow jacketed strike boys positioned at some of the stations. Supermarkets appear to be the best chance, would advice buying where there are the opportunities, even if it means a delay in travel. Safe travels.

Are they still applying a discount at the till? I haven’t bought any for a month or so, but last time I paid 20% lower than the display price
If they are, there will be a notice on each pump. Just say Merci!.....We did.

Driving south from Brussels to Mons en route to Bordeaux we saw the queues growing starting from the north border of France, with an absolute maximum in Paris (parts of the highway totally clogged with waiting cars). Once we were 1 hour south of Paris all was normal again. Clearly just an idiotic human reaction (comparable with the toilet paper hysteria during lockdowns), no major problems whatsoever outside of Paris from what we’ve seen.

Maybe too late in my response but I’ve travelled from Vitry le Francois to Calais this week
There was No diesel on the autoroutes or at any supermarket in Vitry, and I believe people struggled off the autoroutes too. We saw queing on the opposite carriageway slips for the services, but no queues westbound. I Stopped at a services on the a26 - Cambria i think, they had petrol but no gazol

Just messaged a friend in Grayan et l'Hopital which admittedly is about 90k north of Bordeaux, he says it seems ok but limited to 50 euros worth.

Back