Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Furniture restoration/tidy-up...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi,
Has anyone ever tried to restore any bits of shabby trim on the cupboards? Namely missing/damaged edging strip...
I've a few bits here and there that have seen better days (they were like that when we got the van - we wouldn't of course have done this :Depressed)

I did drop a mail to Westfalia but they couldn't help other than to point me in the direction of their supplier they used for the T4 (Ostermann: https://www.ostermann.eu/en_GB/category/abs-edgings-2?detailScreen=categorydetail). I wrote to them, but they would only deal with the trade. I've found one of their local suppliers and I will go see what they have to offer...

But has anyone tackled this in any way, if so what materials did you use, were they a good match, success? Be interested to hear your experience...

Cheers :thumb

Fridge trim end piece.jpg

Rear overhead locker trim end piece.jpg

Sink-hob edging strip.jpg

Those trims are like the sides of home kitchen doors,...
They are easyly put on DIY with a warm iron and the sides sanded down.
Go to a lokal woodshop and chose mathing color , thesame will be hard to find.
Or paint the sides after removing the pieces that are there (also using a hot iron to remove )

Tried Günzl?

Hey Bxl_lad,
As well as designing furniture, I'm also a cabinet maker. The grey edge banding (edge tape) is pretty standard for any cabinet shop. I've got an Exclusive so I can't check the colour match exactly, but I use a lot of light grey for our case work and from your picture it looks like "folkstone" grey. Try starting there. None the the edge banding I use comes pre-glued, our edgebander applies glue to the panel and presses the edging into it (and trims it). You might have to use contact cement (or other) to attach it to the cooker top. The wood grain looks like a foil and may be harder to find.a matching replacement but there will probably be laminate that is close.

Go to your local millwork shop and show them what you need. I'm sure they can help.

Back