Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuse for 20amp cig lighter behind left seat.

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
My 20 amps cig socket stopped working. Connector extender for the fridge melted :) I suppose the 1st thing to check is a fuse box and I suppose they are under the left seat.
Anybody has experience which fuse exactly to check?

My 20 amps cig socket stopped working. Connector extender for the fridge melted :) I suppose the 1st thing to check is a fuse box and I suppose they are under the left seat.
There is a Fuse Layout pdf for the T5 in the VIP Download section that could be of some use.

On that Fuse Layout ALL the 12v sockets have Blue 15amp fuses, all located under the LH seat.

No, but you can test them all easily in a few seconds with a £7 multimeter from one of the discount stores. The fuses needn't be removed, just put the meter across the exposed metal bits on each side of each fuse. (Meter set to "ohms" of course). Good idea to keep the meter in the van too.

PS turn the seat through 90 degrees for easier access to the fuses.

So the 20 amps socket has 15 amp fuse?
I know how to test them just didn't want to pull all of them out and possibly disabling something important. Ok I know have to make sure ignition off and everything switched off. :)

Yep indeed they are. Changed already. They are visibly blown without a tester. Wonder what is a 30 amps fuse in a same lane with those 15th. I got it though it is not on a photo.

Ahh this is very helpful I blew mine last year and couldn't work out how to gain access and gave up. Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Yep indeed they are. Changed already. They are visibly blown without a tester. Wonder what is a 30 amps fuse in a same lane with those 15th. I got it though it is not on a photo.
The fuse layout can vary from year to year and that picture was from a T5. I believe the 30amp fuses for the Habitation area are for the rear Heater fan motor and the Parking Heater.

Back