Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuse for rear parking sensors - help please

R

Randwick

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
VW California SE TDI 180 2010

The rear parking sensors have stopped working - no visual display on radio panel and constant tone when reverse engaged. I can't see a blown fuse but can anyone please tell me which fuse, in which fusebox, is the one for the reversing sensors? Had a look online but couldn't find a useful diagram!

Only rear sensors fitted. Reversing lights still come on.

Can anyone save me an expensive trip to the dealer's please?

There are a number of useful Fuse related materials within the VIP section here. But you will need to uprate your membership to access them.

I think the parking sensor fuse is fuse 30, the 8th fuse down, middle row, behind the bottle cooler (centre dash). It should be a 10A, but this feeds many other circuits so might not be blown if you don't see other symptoms.

On my Audi, the long tone indicated one of my sensors going u/s, I think ice build up in the sensor. If you put it into reverse, with ignition on, you may be able to hear the faint buzz from each transducer, the quiet one is faulty!

There are a number of useful Fuse related materials within the VIP section here. But you will need to uprate your membership to access them.
I have found this.

Attachments

• Fuse-card.pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 38
Many thanks. I'll have a look. Couldn't hear any buzzing but I'll try getting someone with better hearing to help.

I think the parking sensor fuse is fuse 30, the 8th fuse down, middle row, behind the bottle cooler (centre dash). It should be a 10A, but this feeds many other circuits so might not be blown if you don't see other symptoms.

On my Audi, the long tone indicated one of my sensors going u/s, I think ice build up in the sensor. If you put it into reverse, with ignition on, you may be able to hear the faint buzz from each transducer, the quiet one is faulty!

Many thanks. I'll have a look. Couldn't hear any buzzing but I'll try getting someone with better hearing to help.
Unlikely to be a system fuse as you have a Notification Tone that the system is not operable. More likely a faulty sensor. It happens I’m afraid.
A working sensor makes a faint noise, use a glass over the sensor to amplify. No noise means faulty sensor.

No luck with finding a blown fuse anyway so got I someone with good ears to listen and one sensor wasn't ticking and it's being replaced. Thanks for all the replies.

Back