Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuse gone but can't find it

Gooldmike

Gooldmike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I think I've got a blown fuse. I have a 2019 VW California Beach . Unfortunately I used an electrical device in the 12 V socket ( max 20A) in the "camping " area of the van ,sited just above the 3 prong plug socket. Stupidly ,on my part , the electrical device was inappropriately too strong for this. Since then the 12 V socket doesn't work and the middle LED light above it also hasn't worked since. The 2 LED lights on either side still work.
I presume I've blown a fuse. The instruction manual isn't much use in terms of telling me where the fuse is for these. I've checked all the fuses in the engine compartment, also the fuses under the central dash console as well as all the fuses under the passenger front seat. All these fuses are ok . I cannot find any other fuses in the vehicle . Does anyone know if there are other fuses and where the relevant fuse would be ?

There's a handy pic in the VIP area. But the fuse you are looking for is probably;y under the passengers seat. These fuses seem to be poorly documented in the manual.

This might help....

I think I've got a blown fuse. I have a 2019 VW California Beach . Unfortunately I used an electrical device in the 12 V socket ( max 20A) in the "camping " area of the van ,sited just above the 3 prong plug socket. Stupidly ,on my part , the electrical device was inappropriately too strong for this. Since then the 12 V socket doesn't work and the middle LED light above it also hasn't worked since. The 2 LED lights on either side still work.
I presume I've blown a fuse. The instruction manual isn't much use in terms of telling me where the fuse is for these. I've checked all the fuses in the engine compartment, also the fuses under the central dash console as well as all the fuses under the passenger front seat. All these fuses are ok . I cannot find any other fuses in the vehicle . Does anyone know if there are other fuses and where the relevant fuse would be ?

Did you check the Fuses under the Passenger Seat visually or with a Multimeter?
Multimeter is best.
It should be a Blue 15amp fuse.

There's a handy pic in the VIP area. But the fuse you are looking for is probably;y under the passengers seat. These fuses seem to be poorly documented in the manual.

This might help....

Thank you, however I've checked the fuses in the panel under the passenger seat and they're all ok

Did you check the Fuses under the Passenger Seat visually or with a Multimeter?
Multimeter is best.
It should be a Blue 15amp fuse.
Checked with a meter but all these fuses are ok. That's why I wondered if they're was a fuse sited somewhere else for the electrical parts that aren't working

Checked with a meter but all these fuses are ok. That's why I wondered if they're was a fuse sited somewhere else for the electrical parts that aren't working
Not to my knowledge.

This might help....

Needed that video yesterday when I wanted to pull the fuse for the fridge that is still freezing, but had no idea where to start! Thanks for linking it. :thanks