Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fusebox for leisure battery to run additional power points (T6 Beach)

D

da_murphster

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just before I am forced to remove my pass seat to take a look can anyone tell me how the leisure battery fuses for the various cigarette points work?

Are there spare fuse 'spaces' for me to run new power points?

I'm looking to install:
1 - an extra usb (or potentially cig/Din) by the drivers side seat cubby thing (for lights to awning)
2 - a DIN close to the pass seat for a fridge between the seats.
3 - multi USB point by/in the bench cubby on the non-opening door (IYSWIM!) for kids to power ipads

On my Caravelle it had a box like this for the various things, is there an equivalent on the Beach?:

wired-campers-limited-12v-6-way-blade-fuse-box-block-holder-with-led-indicator-fuses-31581480419479_1024x1024.png

Just before I am forced to remove my pass seat to take a look can anyone tell me how the leisure battery fuses for the various cigarette points work?

Are there spare fuse 'spaces' for me to run new power points?

I'm looking to install:
1 - an extra usb (or potentially cig/Din) by the drivers side seat cubby thing (for lights to awning)
2 - a DIN close to the pass seat for a fridge between the seats.
3 - multi USB point by/in the bench cubby on the non-opening door (IYSWIM!) for kids to power ipads

On my Caravelle it had a box like this for the various things, is there an equivalent on the Beach?:

wired-campers-limited-12v-6-way-blade-fuse-box-block-holder-with-led-indicator-fuses-31581480419479_1024x1024.png
The Leisure fuses are located under the front passenger seat RHD, in front of the Leisure battery.
Plenty of spare fuse slots but they are not wired.

You can wire a direct fused feed off the leisure battery, '+' to live battery terminal, '-' to decent earthing point.

We did this for the fridge in our Beach as the factory fitted 12v sockets sometimes drop in voltage.

Wire can easily be hidden under the side trim, just push it under with a trim tool.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QYMK53H/?tag=eliteelect-21

Lots of combinations available, just pick the one that suits your needs.

You can wire a direct fused feed off the leisure battery, '+' to live battery terminal, '-' to decent earthing point.

We did this for the fridge in our Beach as the factory fitted 12v sockets sometimes drop in voltage.

Wire can easily be hidden under the side trim, just push it under with a trim tool.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QYMK53H/?tag=eliteelect-21

Lots of combinations available, just pick the one that suits your needs.
What did you use as an earthing point?

Do you just tuck the lead under the seat when not using it?

What did you use as an earthing point?

Do you just tuck the lead under the seat when not using it?
Seat base makes a good earthing point, might need to scrape a bit of paint off to get a better connection but not always necessary. On my old T4, just put a round terminal under the seat bolt. Although if you have a look around under the seat you might find an earth that you can piggy back.

I think our ‘-‘ might actually be wired direct to the battery terminal, but there is a reason why you might not want to do this (I can’t remember why not but I’m sure someone else will explain why).

Our lead runs under the side trim to the boot, fridge lives in the boot on a sliding tray under the MFB. There is a enough of a void near the spare wheel compartment on a Beach to mount a 12v socket if required.

Back