Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

G C California 680

J

Jonacourt

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Does anyone know of a generic fault with the cold/hot water pump, I have a 680 bought in March, used twice and the pump packed up, VW tell me that although the pump is listed separately its not available and they have to replace the complete tank assy. which is not available and at the moment there is no delivery date. I have found that as a temporary fix the pump from a T6 Ocean, part No. 7E7-963-385 is a direct replacement. and only £20.

Does anyone know of a generic fault with the cold/hot water pump, I have a 680 bought in March, used twice and the pump packed up, VW tell me that although the pump is listed separately its not available and they have to replace the complete tank assy. which is not available and at the moment there is no delivery date. I have found that as a temporary fix the pump from a T6 Ocean, part No. 7E7-963-385 is a direct replacement. and only £20.
When you say the pump packed up is that because it keeps running when the tap is switched off?

No the pump stopped working despite being fed with 12v, the pump is sealed but I believe it might be a bearing problem, it will work if held upside down, so not much use

No the pump stopped working despite being fed with 12v, the pump is sealed but I believe it might be a bearing problem, it will work if held upside down, so not much use
Well that’s not the norm as there have been a lot of failures and is normally the tap micro switch which gets wet and corrodes meaning constant running.

Did you ever run out of water. When was the build date.

Will

You must be able to replace the pump, if this isn’t the case then every few years there will be a massive bill. Pumps always go, I’ve replaced mine in my joker and one when I had a cali.

The pump is a 10-15 min job to change and are made by Reich a common motor home supplier. I really can’t believe this not a separate unit provided by VW. I would never want the tank replaced with the associated issues just to change the pump. I would rather just pay the £25 for a new pump and change it myself.

The pump is a 10-15 min job to change and are made by Reich a common motor home supplier. I really can’t believe this not a separate unit provided by VW. I would never want the tank replaced with the associated issues just to change the pump. I would rather just pay the £25 for a new pump and change it myself.

Thanks for the tip towards Reich… I haven’t talent mine apart yet but the sound of it just changed dramatically and got a lot louder / harsher so am assuming it’ll go soon… so I can order a replacement do you know which part it is? https://reich-web.com/en/products/water-pumps

I had a problem with my pump. (Note I have not had any problem with the tap and I have never run the pump without water in the tank). It pump was working but had so little pressure that it could not even supply water to the sink, shower or toilet. When I took the outlet pipe off the top of the tank the pump only had enough pressure to dribble water into a cup. You are right that you cannot buy a separate pump from VW as it is only supplied with the whole water tank... I am sure VW will rethink this pretty quickly after a few warranty claims. My dealer has been great and supplied a new pump and all is well at the moment.

Back