Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trade Member GAPinsurance.co.uk - Save 10% off GAP insurance using code: "VWCALI10"

GAPinsurance

GAPinsurance

GAPinsurance.co.uk
132 Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth, HD9 3AS
Vehicle
N/A
sitetitle.png

Don't be ripped off by your supplying dealer. Inferior policies sold at premium prices mean that buying GAP insurance from a motor dealer is pretty much never a good idea - even (in some cases) if they offer to provide it free of charge it can end up costing you money! (See here: Free GAP insurance for £824!?)

If you've bought a vehicle in the last 12 months or are planning on buying one soon, consider GAP insurance from us. We can provide Contract Hire, Invoice and Replacement GAP insurance at prices up to 85% lower than your motor dealer will charge and you.

PLUS: VWCaliforniaClub.com members can save a further 10% using discount code "VWCALI10".

What Is GAP insurance?

In the event that your vehicle is written off as a result accident, fire, theft, flood etc, your Motor Insurer will only pay you what they deem the vehicle to have been worth at the time of loss (the "Market Value"). GAP insurance steps in as follows:

Contract Hire GAP insurance:

The market value payout from your Motor Insurer will go straight to the finance company... in the event that it's lower than the settlement figure the finance company pursue you for (they'll normally want some or all of the outstanding rentals too), Contract Hire GAP insurance aims to pay the difference between your motor insurance payout and the amount required to settle the remaining balance of your lease agreement at the time of claim. It's also possible to pay a small additional premium at the time of buying the policy in order to ensure that if there is a valid claim on the GAP insurance policy, you'd be reimbursed up to £3,000 of the initial rental that you paid as part of your lease agreement - which you can then use against the cost of starting a new lease on a new vehicle (rather than having to find an initial rental amount out of your own pocket).

Invoice GAP insurance:

Aims to pay the difference between your Motor Insurance payout and the greater of either:

1. The amount outstanding on finance at the time of claim (if any), OR
2. The original invoice price that you paid for the vehicle.

Replacement GAP insurance:

Aims to pay the difference between your Motor Insurance payout and the greater of either:

1. The amount outstanding on finance at the time of claim (if any), OR
2. The original invoice price that you paid for the vehicle, OR
3. What it would cost at the time of claim to replace your vehicle with a brand new (assuming you bought the vehicle brand new) version of the same (or nearest equivalent) vehicle at the time of claim - even if the replacement vehicle costs more than you bought the vehicle for first time around.

Cover features:
  • Cash payouts to you as the policyholder, leaving you free to use the funds against the cost of any vehicle from any dealership your choice.
  • Cover available for durations of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years.
  • Defer the start date of the policy by up to 1-year from first registration if your motor insurer covers you on a new-for-old basis in the first year (1-4yr policies only)
  • Claim limits available ranging from £5,000 to £Unlimited
  • Available for cars purchased for up to £150,000
  • Cover vehicles purchased up to 365 days ago
  • Add on cover for up to £3,000 of your initial rental (Contract Hire GAP insurance)
  • Add on cover for up to £2,000 of Negative Equity brought forward from a previous vehicle (Invoice or Replacement GAP).
  • Covers up to £250 of the excess payable under your motor insurance policy in the event of a Total Loss claim
  • Underwritten by an A-Rated insurer who's parent company is one of the largest insurance companies in the world
  • Available for vehicles that are up to 5 years old at the time of purchasing the policy
  • No mileage limits

What our customers say:

***** - Excellent company to deal with. Fortunately I've not had to use the insurance, but setting up a policy is very straightforward as is setting up a new one when changing vehicles. They have allowed me to cancel my existing policy before it expired as I am changing vehicles, with a pro-rata refund on the previous policy being used against the new policy (or it's offered as a refund direct to my bank account). Tim has helped me with this and saved me a great deal of money. Highly recommended. P. Brownsword, Ford Grand C-Max

***** - I would strongly recommend this company. My car was written off and my claim was processed with efficiency and speed and I am very happy with the outcome. Outstanding customer service from David and the team. The competitively priced premium is probably the best investment I have ever made. Thank you. S. Maughan, Hyundai i10

***** - Outstanding value compared to the dealership's sky high prices. S. Street, Porsche Boxster

***** - I can't recommend these highly enough. Handled my claim quickly and nothing was too much trouble and no question to trivial . Just taken out my second policy with them hope i never need to use it but know I will get excellent service if I do. H. Lewington, Vauxhall Corsa

***** - Excellent customer service, problems sorted first time, would recommend! K. James, Toyota Yaris

***** - Fantastic service. Tom was helpful both on line via chat and when I took out the policy via phone The saving compared to dealer quote was amazing £230.00 cheaper! M. Newby, Citroen DS3

Contact Info

Phone : 01484 490095
Email : support@gapinsurance.co.uk

Facebook : www.facebook.com/gapinsurance
Twitter: twitter.com/gap_Insurance

Opening Hours

09:00 - 17:15 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 12:00 Saturday

Last edited: