Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas 907

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I am confused around getting a 907 bottle. Do you buy and empty one and then get it refilled, if so where. Or can you buy a full one and again any suggestions where you can find these, any help would be great

Found an empty one I can buy online, then don’t know what to do after that

Hello there
If you buy a new full one,you pay a one time deposit on the bottle.
That means that youre empty bottle is worth an amound of money.

So it’s worth getting an empty one online for a good price ? Than once you have an empty Bottle do just swap it where ever they sell gas ?

The best plan is to find former campers who no longer use them. Since Campingaz does not reimburse the initial purchase price, they can no longer do anything with it anyway. I got two for free this way.

So it’s worth getting an empty one online for a good price ? Than once you have an empty Bottle do just swap it where ever they sell gas ?
Yes.
If going to France, Supermarkets usually do an exchange for about €20 which is much cheaper than UK. Worth buying an empty spare in UK to take with you to give a full spare.

Chorley gas is mentioned in quite a few threads.
I had a brand new bottle two years ago for £35 delivered

Current price is £40 Inc delivery all in or £25 refill.

Alf

Thank you so much for that, just ordered from them

You need a friendly worker at a council recycling centre to bring you an empty one. Yes I know they are not supposed to but I bet you can get one if you try.

As above do your best to have an empty one if you are crossing into France and get it exchanged over there for a bit over €20. Conversely always come back to the UK with full cylinders.

I've bought empty ones on a flea market in France for a few Euros to be able to exchange for a full one before coming home.

Just bought a used empty 904 and 907 from Facebook Market place, £5 each
I'll take them to my nearest campingaz stockest and exchange them for new full bottles, about £20 & £30

Just a small tip, i was told by my gas refill company that unless the bottle had the screw on cap they couldn't refill it. Ive not checked this out but did check for the cap when i bought my two second hand. Ive had no problems having them refilled so far.

Just a small tip, i was told by my gas refill company that unless the bottle had the screw on cap they couldn't refill it. Ive not checked this out but did check for the cap when i bought my two second hand. Ive had no problems having them refilled so far.
Correct. They need to be sealed with the correct cap or will not be accepted.

They used to sell the Gaz caps separately at SK Camping & Leisure (south Godstone). About a £1 each as I recall. Bought a couple but I’ve now unsurprisingly misplaced them.

My local camping gaz stockists is at the bottom of my road they charge £37 a refill which seems strong to me

My local camping gaz stockists is at the bottom of my road they charge £37 a refill which seems strong to me
My last refill was £35, delivered In November.

Outrageous profiteering by either the gas company or the retailer or both!

Leroy Merlin in France quote €25.49 (£22.78) and a volume of 6.01 litres, today's price and exchange rate.

6.01 litres of Autogas would be less than £4.00

I know transport, testing and filling all have to be paid for but that's too blatant! In truth by both retailers but the UK one is OTT.

For those interested.

For those interested.

Calor gas much less expensive and presume cylinders go through similar Quality control
So why the price difference?

Calor gas much less expensive and presume cylinders go through similar Quality control
So why the price difference?
Calor is a British company, gas refills in UK. Campigaz French, refills in France. Also Calor is pure Butane or Propane (red cylinders) whereas Campigaz is a mixture of both, I believe.