Moakesy

Moakesy

Moakesy
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
So I've been following this thread...

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/changing-gas-bottle.18573/page-2

...and as it turns out, I ran out of gas this morning midway through cooking breakfast. :( Bacon was just about cooked, but no coffee to wash it down with!!

So now I need to get a refill, but looking at the club shop it say both the 904 and 907 were shipped as standard on the VW Cali??

So what is the difference? How do I know which one I have, and can I interchange between the two?

Total newbie to this, have no idea what I'm doing and don't want to get it wrong.

Thanks

So I've been following this thread...

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/changing-gas-bottle.18573/page-2

...and as it turns out, I ran out of gas this morning midway through cooking breakfast. :( Bacon was just about cooked, but no coffee to wash it down with!!

So now I need to get a refill, but looking at the club shop it say both the 904 and 907 were shipped as standard on the VW Cali??

So what is the difference? How do I know which one I have, and can I interchange between the two?

Total newbie to this, have no idea what I'm doing and don't want to get it wrong.

Thanks
Hi! Not sure what you've been reading but you don't get a gas bottle with a Cali, heaven forbid! What you get is a space in which a 907 the bigger of the two will fit. That is what you need to buy. If you want a spare you then have the choice of which to get. As I have a gas BBQ for outside cooking I therefore carry a 904 as well as the 907. It can then double as a spare. If you want an even smaller spare you can get a 901.

Pick up a 907

Mike

Last edited:
Hi! Not sure what you've been reading but you don't get a gas bottle with a Cali, heaven forbid!

I read this on the website shop for the 907...

"The Campingaz 907 comes as standard in the VW California and is also a popular choice in many other campervans and motorhomes."

...and a very similar description with the 904, hence my confusion.

So, 907 is what I'm after, nice plain and simple!!! :) Thanks for the advice, really helpful.

I read this on the website shop for the 907...

"The Campingaz 907 comes as standard in the VW California and is also a popular choice in many other campervans and motorhomes."

...and a very similar description with the 904, hence my confusion.

So, 907 is what I'm after, nice plain and simple!!! :) Thanks for the advice, really helpful.
Most definitely best to be safe than sorry.

They are a big learning curve.

Mike