Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas burner ignites but does not stay on - VW T5

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
Hello,

We have a 2007 VW T5. The right gas burner works perfectly, but since some days the left one ignites but when I release the button the flame stops - even if I wait for some seconds. Where and how to resolve the problem?

Thank you!

Bart

In my experience, it is important to rotate the knob back (anti-clockwise) a little up against the gas full-on stop while it is pressed down. It is also important to hold the knob firmly down so that the safety valve stays open until the sensor has heated up.

If all this fails, I guess you will need a new safety device.

They used to be stocked in the shop, but no longer it seems. I am sure someone on the forum will have a source for this part.

Alan

Hello,

We have a 2007 VW T5. The right gas burner works perfectly, but since some days the left one ignites but when I release the button the flame stops - even if I wait for some seconds. Where and how to resolve the problem?

Thank you!

Bart
Part 6.
Check that the sensor on the affected burner is plugged in properly to the Control Knob for that burner.
8C4D5E26-3750-4F62-8F56-CCE74BD1CF09.jpeg

It is correctly pluggen in. I'll see if I can change that when I come home. Thanks!

Hello,
I am back home, and would like to tackle this gas sensor problem. But first: how do I remove the gas sensor? Do I need to unscrew the two screws on top of the burner? With a very small star-screwdriver? (mine does not seem to fit)

Back