Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

gas cannisters

tanne

tanne

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
i'm going for a long trip to iceland next summer
campinggaz cannisters R904 don't seem available there ... and i'll have to be able to cook for +4 months
preferably inside the camper ( often strong wind and i count on a lot of rainy days too )

any ideas ? can i use an other brand ? change the valve ?

I think this may be a Butane gas problem as it freezes. Propane goes much colder.
I seem to recall a Norwegian Member discussing this previously in that they have a Propane gas system fitted as opposed to 'normal' butane ones.
You'd have to search the Forum Threads.

We were tent camping in a hire car last "summer" in Iceland (late July). You are right lots of strong wind and rainy days. A couple of nights it went down to about 2 degrees.

Tent got destroyed by the wind (cheap Decathlon tent, mountaineering tent would have been fine) so did a bit of a tour of camping shops :-(

Ellingsen is a camping shop in Reykjavik that has some campingaz stuff. They also have a branch in Akureyi. It's sort-of like Go Outdoors in terms of stock, but twice the price.

https://www.ellingsen.is

Ellingsen was well stocked - you could phone them and ask if they can supply Campingaz R901 etc, all the staff spoke good English. They have other campingaz stuff on sale so you might be able to negotiate a pre-order......

Alternatively, our experience elsewhere in Iceland was that you could get the EN417 canisters in most petrol stations. No problem at all.

Assuming you're shipping your van there then could you not just take an extra canister or two?

We just brought two extra 907’s. More than enough.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back